Beginners - May 2022 (Page 4)

How to edit SQL statement with user input

Hello, I am currently needing to know for some work I am trying to do whether it is available to take some form of user input and use that in the SQL stateme...
[4 replies] Last: https://xkcd.com/327/ (by mbozzi)
Boolean Evaluation

Hello everyone, I'd like to ask where should I add the brackets into the code. The code doesn't seem right when implementing input without brackets. I would a...
[13 replies] Last: Oop! Yes, I misread your code. Dumb ORs and XORs and lotsoflettersXo... (by Duthomhas)
Weird things being printed when printing from database

Hello, I am currently having this issue where when I am printing items from a database it is printing (null): before every entry. For example... (nul...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much, never would of thought it was that simple :) (by domweng)
tuples, hardest to get used to so far (1,2)

What did you guys think of tuple syntax when you first saw them? Did you wish the syntax was different or have you grown to understand the syntax and love them ...
[25 replies] Last: Tuples are useful if you want to process different structs in a generi... (by kbw)
by jonnin
Help please

it looks like the data is touched one time. if you just need the answer for a row, a simple a,b,c is fine.. get one row, generate the output line, get the next...
[6 replies] Last: I am a teacher (though not a cool university-level one for CS). I’d... (by Duthomhas)
by Pen72
Distance in graph

Nodes are indexed by positive integers from 1 ton . Each edge is represented by (u,v) connecting node u and node v . Distance of two nodes, say x and y, i...
[9 replies] Last: but do you understand both the code and the underlying algorithm (by seeplus)
by SSDEEZ
binary heap of user classes

Hi, I'm trying to print out a binary max heap, that is made up of classes that I've created above but nothing is printing out. I've tried playing with how I...
[12 replies] Last: a single class would be much easier Not really. Not in this case. Y... (by keskiverto)
Help Please

Write C++ Console Application program that calculates a worker’s net earnings per week. The earnings are calculated based on the following factors: 1) Wor...
[5 replies] Last: Slightly simplified version of the posted code: #include <iostream>... (by seeplus)
Create a program that converts the PRICE CODE to PRICE VALUE.

Hello, I just wanted to help with my code here's my questions 1. How can I input "computer" in any in any order and case insensitively and still get the correc...
[10 replies] Last: Here's some lessons on using Visual Studio to make transitioning easie... (by George P)
returning numbers place in array instead of the number

Hello. How can I return the place of a number in the array instead of returning the whole number? Thanks! Code: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #incl...
[3 replies] Last: Loop through your array, to find the wanted value. When found the loop... (by George P)
Text.txt file seperation into 2 seperate text.txt files with chars involved

Hey guyss. Good evening. I was trying to write the code as best I could but It didnt work out. A AV1538 A AV9981 K KA8136 A AV4687 K KA9882 K KA2136 A AV5136 ...
[12 replies] Last: Why do you need the initial character in each input line? I suspect ... (by George P)
Kinda stuck on this one.

Hey guys good evening. Im doing a exercise in which I have to use voids{} to remove certain numbers and add new ones from a list. The numbers have to be rea...
[2 replies] Last: This has already been asked and answered here http://www.cplusplus.com... (by seeplus)
Help with Sending an Object of Class A to a Method of Class B?

I regularly send an object of class X to an external function by reference without problem. Now that I'm trying to send an object of class A (or in this case a...
[10 replies] Last: A good read: https://herbsutter.com/2013/08/19/gotw-7a-solution-minimi... (by keskiverto)
[getter method doesn't work]

We can't comment (your) code that we can't see. When you post code, please use code tags and intuitive indentation. See https://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEyw...
[no replies]
Rectangle logo from words

To read the 4 words into a vector of string: #include <vector> #include <string> #include <iostream> int main() { std::vector<std::string> words(4); for ...
[8 replies] Last: Hmmmmm, someone gave the "gimme" muppet the boot. So sad..... He was... (by George P)
Need help with C++ task

Hello. I've come across some difficulties doing my C++ task. I'm not sure how can I write a reference to a function. Would appreciate any help. Here is the p...
[1 reply] : if you translated it right, reference does not mean c++ reference, but... (by jonnin)
by adam00
Don't know where im doin the problem.

Hey guys. I'm technically done with this code but there is a error in the answers. 5 9 ( for () function) The answers 5678 6789 7890 8901 9012 Getting them i...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main ... (by lastchance)
by jNc
random gen issues

Hello. Having issues with random generated integers. Having structure: ExamineOne.h -> main.cpp If just roll code from main, i have different random genera...
[1 reply] : Please show ExamineOne.h. (by AbstractionAnon)
by Geckoo
Draw a line

Hello friend. I hope that all is fine for you. I wish you the best week-end. I am writing a function in order to draw a line according to two points on a grid. ...
[6 replies] Last: Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay. I had read your explanations cons... (by Geckoo)
const char * is incompat with type char *

I have a compiling example int main(int argc, char* argv ) { SM_HANDLE seaMAXHandle; unsigned char data ; int model, commType, baudrate, parity; ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh, that was an example ? Heh, I have no idea how it compiled — not... (by Duthomhas)
May 2022 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [apr2022] [jun2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.