Lounge - July 2021

by helios
Does anyone recognize this format?

https://github.com/Helios-vmg/ONSlaught/tree/master/trunk/doc/NScrAPI I'm 80% I used to open this with a browser, but none of them work nowadays, so maybe I'...
[2 replies] Last: Huh. I'll have to try that later. (by helios)
switching from linux to microsoft (1,2,3)

Since 2008 I've been using a Linux operating system at home. I recently had to retire my old laptop so I decided to try Microsoft system again. I've always had ...
[59 replies] Last: [quote=keskiverto]Desktop, like that Dell, are similar to laptops; it ... (by JRManx)
What if... (1,2)

The granddaughter of a friend is studying CS at University. She's just completed her first year with C++ as the major taught language (yepee!). They're also tou...
[39 replies] Last: [quote=zapshe]I've written some trash essays that I wrote just because... (by JRManx)
by jonnin
video converter

the word you seek is lossless. look at the usual suspects with that keyword when you search the web. eg h264 lossless. The basic avi uncompressed is one way, ...
[2 replies] Last: Why would you report this message? I now work on Panasonic ToughBook. ... (by Emma30)
Visual Studio 2022 Preview has been released (1,2)

Without hesitation, I tried it immediately (all satisfied). Loved the new IntelliSense which can now support C++20 concepts properly to provide hints. One o...
[24 replies] Last: Even in 2019 Intellisense can lag in not flagging correct code as havi... (by George P)
by zapshe
Another Year! (1,2,3,4,5)

Well, it's now summer. Over a year of university has been online but will be in person for the most part next semester. Online was a gift and a curse, made g...
[95 replies] Last: The only thing I was able to finally get working without any issues w... (by JRManx)
by JRManx
Hack an iPhone 8 using Terminal?

TLDR: Is it possible to use Terminal, on a Mac, to get into a locked iPhone 8? So, my son found an iPhone 8 on the road a couple days ago. Screen was broken...
[12 replies] Last: Many thanks to @helios for his MoronSilencer.js script! Ahh...... (by JRManx)
Visual Studio Code

I'm about to give Visual Studio Code a test run. I'm particularly interested in the Vim keybindings and how well the work. Anyone have any experiences/advice wi...
[3 replies] Last: This inspired me to give VSCode another try. Two years ago I found it... (by mbozzi)
"It's for backwards compatibility" (1,2,3)

Why does the language have to be backwards compatible? Use an older version of the compiler for older code: this seems too obvious to me.. You might be main...
[55 replies] Last: Whoops! Sorry! Have I done that before? I seem to remember somethin... (by JRManx)
Just announcing myself

I'm regular visitor to this site, but haven't had an active account in years. I've only recently started writing in C++ again, and have lately wished to make so...
[7 replies] Last: Hi! Make yourself at home, I will make a cup of tea. (by eri0o)
  Archived months: [jun2021] [aug2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.