Lounge - June 2021

Understanding breadboard circuits

Hi guys, I'm not overly sure how breadboards function and just want to try and get a better understanding. I'm following a couple of tutorials but this is the ...
[3 replies] Last: Think I'm starting to get the hang of it by just tinkering with it, th... (by adam2016)
Timing Diagrams

Hi guys, so I decided to take a foray into microprocessor architecture, I understand for the most part the logic gates that make up various parts of a proces...
[12 replies] Last: @mbozzi would the following be an example of driving low, let's say w... (by mbozzi)
Any Suggestions for Visual Basic?

I've been trying to solve a lot of my issues at work with C++ (not day-to-day type of things but just general automation) and considering everything I work with...
[8 replies] Last: I've spent my entire career populating Excel spreadsheets. It's embarr... (by closed account jT5iE8AR)
by zapshe
Visual Studio - See Optimizations? (1,2)

Hey, I was coding a bit on visual studio. I wrote the code on there but it was meant to run somewhere else without Visual Studio's optimizations. On Visual Stu...
[27 replies] Last: There is no good way to cold-start that I know of .. to prevent the O... (by helios)
by JRManx
Problems

This is...completely unrelated to programming. Please post this to somewhere where it's a bit more relevant. Thanks!
[10 replies] Last: Remember, kids: Only you can prevent the proliferation of forum spam. ... (by Ganado)
X86-64 question

Hi guys, So as I understand computer memory is generally byte addressable, but I have read that the data lines on x86-64 processors are 64 bits wide, when th...
[4 replies] Last: What is typically meant by byte addressable is that you can call pop o... (by newbieg)
Has anyone ever read Code by Petzold?

Hi guys, just approaching the conclusion of Charles Petzold's code, I liked the book. I found Charles's explanations and guidance to be simple but yet at the...
[no replies]
by thmm
Visual Studio 2019 v16.10 and v16.11 Preview 1 are Available Today!

C++ Our compiler and STL are now feature-complete for the latest available C++20 standard! 16.10 comes with a few much-anticipated features: calendars, timezo...
[16 replies] Last: RE: C++20/ABI in VS.... https://github.com/microsoft/STL/issues/1814#... (by George P)
  Archived months: [may2021] [jul2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.