Windows Programming - July 2022

GDI: how use Translation and scale?

using win32 GDI, how can i use Translation and Scale API functions?
[1 reply] : for that i must use 'XFORM' structure and SetWorldTransform() functio... (by Cambalinho)
Playing an audio file results in program not responding.

I'm trying to make a simple audio player in C++ using the Win32 API. Everything works perfectly fine, except when I play an audio file. Playing an audio file ma...
[5 replies] Last: The OP stated they are using the Win32 API, so MCI is appropriate inst... (by George P)
ActiveX or what?

Are ActiveX or ATL controls valid for new modern projects based on Visual C++ 2022 or what other types of controls should be used?
[5 replies] Last: While bumping around in the VS installer in modify mode I noticed a wo... (by George P)
by tonic
RDP Protocol

Hello guys, I recently started to play around with different Network Protocols, im trying to build a RDP Client, but it seems there is quite little information...
[3 replies] Last: There's quite a lot of detail here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/o... (by kbw)
by PacR
Windows message happen only one time.

#include <tchar.h> #include <windows.h> HDC hdc; /* Declare Windows procedure */ LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProcedure (HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM); ...
[6 replies] Last: To define a custom window message, you should do something like this: ... (by kigar64551)
More <windows.h> weirdness

What's the trick to including <windows.h>? I have two projects. The first has the following includes: #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN // Exclude r...
[10 replies] Last: Yes, I'm using precompiled headers. They significantly shorten my bui... (by AbstractionAnon)
Adding Picture box crashes program

Hi, I am having trouble adding a picturebox to my form. It shows up fine in the designer. But when I run the program I get an error. I have two forms/projects...
[no replies]
by Geckoo
Debug/release

Hello. Using my 2d engine, I participated in an event which has been hosted on Itch.io - a cool place where people share games and apps. At first, I have upload...
[7 replies] Last: File size probably is not that much of an issue nowadays. An actual d... (by kigar64551)
Socket handling on internet disconnect

Hello guys, i need to know how i can check wheather the server, connected to by the client is still reachable (from the client)and add an exception on intern...
[2 replies] Last: There's also the socket timeout value that you can set as the default ... (by kbw)
by Geckoo
Windows programming: where to start?

Hello. Do you want to code under Windows? You want a good thing :) I am happy to share with you my own experience as a developer. At first, I learned to code us...
[11 replies] Last: Done :) I understand now. (by Geckoo)
TextMetrics

I've never noticed this before, but when using GetTextMetrics() to get the height of the font to display the next line with proper spacing, if I use '(' or ')',...
[3 replies] Last: Found the problem. I was redefining a font to be a little larger at s... (by dodge55)
by ruzip
GetSystemDirectoryA to String Variable

I'm trying to pass the result of GetSystemDirectoryA to a string variable or const char *. What's the best way to do it? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...
[4 replies] Last: Should first determine the required buffer length, then allocate the b... (by kigar64551)
  Archived months: [jun2022] [aug2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.