Windows Programming - August 2022

How Can I make my Program Faster? (1,2)

Hi, I have some code for a button Mouse Down Event. When I click the button it takes about 30 seconds before it's code executes. if (listBox1->SelectedInd...
[20 replies] Last: @thmm. That works perefectly thanks! And that link looks really useful... (by Cyclone)
by oddy
How can I run a Unix Shell script Under Windows?

As the title, I have the source code of GCC, and I am going to build GCC using it. However, as everyone knows, script configure is a Unix Shell script, so I c...
[6 replies] Last: Are you building that package to run as a native Windows app, or via c... (by kbw)
by ruzip
Create, Suspend and Resume Windows Threads

I'm looking for a more concise example of using windows threads, even with a main loop just running in a console app where the thread function increments a vari...
[18 replies] Last: I think it's a C vs. C++ thing. In C, the parameter name can not be ... (by kigar64551)
How fixed this error template argument

Hello , code : template<typename T, bool EnableVirtual = true> inline void Write(LPVOID lpAddress, T _tValue) const { if (EnableVirtual) { DWORD dwOldProtec...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=seeplus]Upgrade VS2010 to the latest VS2022. That requires x64... (by George P)
CallWindowProcW When to use

hey everyone i have difficulties in understanding what's going on with UNICODE. example1: I create a listbox with createwindow (not the UNICODE) i subcl...
[2 replies] Last: Something else to consider about ANSI vs. Unicode versions of WinAPI f... (by George P)
by Geckoo
Assembly with C++

I made a little test today in order to understand how to implement some ASM code inside a C++ program. It works as expected. However I notice that at end I have...
[5 replies] Last: I think unless the function is declared with __attribute__((naked)) ,... (by kigar64551)
MissingManifestResourceException

Hi, I am getting this error when I run my program. When I add more characters to my text box it crashes when I run the program. If I have less characters in the...
[15 replies] Last: Just to follow-up on my question and your answer. The difference is th... (by Ganado)
by oddy
An error when running "make"

As the previous thread, I have installed and tried two types of Unix shell separately: Git Bash and MSYS2. The configuration process is successful, but when I t...
[3 replies] Last: yes that is the standard windows command prompt error message when you... (by jonnin)
TEMP/TMP Folder access

I am doing an GUI for Tortoise SVN with C++ Builder and and i can't find any document to save my file .ini file to my temp->(C:\\User\\Username\\Appdata\\Local\...
[1 reply] : AFAIK, the class TIniFile deals with opening/reading/writing/closing t... (by seeplus)
by hbcpp
Avoid Clear Text Password in Source File

I have an application that has default passwords stored in a variable as clear text in the source file, I read that isn't safe at all. So I want to know what...
[10 replies] Last: Ok thank you for the answer, basing on your suggestions I will try to ... (by hbcpp)
compiling an SFML c++ program on a Windows computer

I have an old Dell laptop that has Windows 10. I have tried a few times to install g++ (unsuccessful) and install SFML (will not compile even the most simple p...
[16 replies] Last: I'll say it again and then I'll "Elvis Has Left The Building". Step Z... (by George P)
How to speed up compile time?

Hi just wondering how I can speed up compile times. It takes about a minute every time I compile to test my program and it is getting slower and slower the more...
[13 replies] Last: Build/Build Solution will (re)compile all those projects in the soluti... (by seeplus)
  Archived months: [jul2022] [sep2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.