Windows Programming - June 2022

PCH errors after c++20

Recently, c++20 came out and I updated one of my big projects to c++20, however I am running into some compilation errors that are beyond my understanding as of...
[16 replies] Last: did you try the derp move of deleting the pch files and letting it reb... (by jonnin)
by Ganado
File binary mode distinction

Does the distinction of binary mode for files only exist to deal with pre- de-facto -standardized line endings (i.e. anything other than '\n', most notably Wind...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Ganado]Weird restriction It allows the "implementation" to tri... (by Peter87)
Agregar un control de ActiveX a un Project de Visual C++

Steve White and Michael Satran you two are liars, where is: Project/Add a Project/Components and controls / Gallery of components and controls, in visual C++ 2...
[no replies]
Saper game please help

and what has this to do with Windows programming. It seems like a console program? You can treat the board as either a 2-d array of n x n elements or as a sing...
[1 reply] : Yes, I do have a solution, multiple ones as a matter of fact, but yo... (by George P)
alt tab to console app

I need to alt tab to console app with function. Using #include <windows.h> Have this piece of code to make console app be always on top HWND consoleWindow...
[1 reply] : here are instructions to AOT a console window. https://www.thewindows... (by jonnin)
Visual Studio 2022

I am trying to learn C. I am using Windows 10. My problem right now is with Visual Studio 2022. I can't figure out how to use Visual Studio 2022 to enter a s...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you to everyone who took time to reply. (by PolkaDotBowTie)
Implicit type conversion and time measurement

I'm implementing a game loop in `c++` using the `timeGetTime` function like below: // ... DWORD oldtime = 0, newtime = 0, delta = 0; /...
[5 replies] Last: A possible consideration of using <chrono> is cross-platform, if the... (by George P)
Can't Add a new wiindows form

Hi, I am using Visual studio 2019. I can't seem to add a new form to my C++ CLI application. If I remember correctly I was able to do it in the past but I do...
[3 replies] Last: There is no CLR Windows form in the list. (by Cyclone)
Windows Programming for beginners

Hi I´m an experienced C++ programmer, but always developed software using Linux. Now I need to develop some systems for Windows. My focus is the back end, ...
[6 replies] Last: the web can be confusing, but microsoft's developer documentation is r... (by jonnin)
Game loop and time measurement

There is the function `Sys_Milliseconds`: int curtime; int Sys_Milliseconds (void) { static int base; static qboolean initialized ...
[1 reply] : Get that Déjà vu feeling all over again. https://www.cplusplus.com/f... (by salem c)
  Archived months: [may2022] [jul2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.