UNIX/Linux Programming - September 2021

Echoing Weird Variables

Hello guys, i was reading "Quoting variables" from the bash documentation, and i'm stucked on this example: #!/bin/bash # weirdvars.sh: Echoing weird variab...
[2 replies] Last: I wouldn't recommend learning from the ABS (or shellscripting from TLD... (by uplime)
by CandyK
My experience using Linux

I've always been what I thought was a "power user" on Windows, making the flow of it work in my favor. Intentionally breaking things to make one task or another...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=CandyK]...That's what I thought it was to be a "power user." [... (by The Grey Wolf)
by CandyK
Thought about Mac?

Longtime Linux user here who, like most of us, is forced to use a Mac for work. Today when I put my laptop to sleep, the fan wouldn’t stop and after looking o...
[3 replies] Last: all 3 os are stable if you put an expert into fixing whatever is going... (by jonnin)
Libcurl API - Slow performance in Linux for C++ application

I am using libcurl API for connecting with server. I am seeing a slow performance specially while uploading the data. My application is developed in windows and...
[3 replies] Last: Use tcpdump to capture the run on Linux, then view it in Wireshark. D... (by kbw)
How to get variable to linux command from config file?

Hi everyone. I have a code script that deleting unused logs. I have this function for it. +5 represents the days. I want to get it from outside, from a config ...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you for all your answers. I was written my file name wrong... So... (by suslucoder)
Doubt about the usage of ' - ' as redirection operator

Hello guys! I was studying the bash script language and came across this example of ' - ' special character used as redirection operator: (cd /source/di...
[6 replies] Last: Ok wow, i got it guys! Really thank you! expecially to @kbw, it was a... (by vittorioc98)
by CandyK
Alright, tar and feather me, is the best way to do windows stuff properly just to dual boot?

Currently, I'm running ubuntu as my sole OS. I can fire up a VM if I REALLY need to use photoshop or something, but I've got a couple old towers with XP on it, ...
[10 replies] Last: Virtualization is fun to play with, and my college ran virtual window... (by zapshe)
How to capture raw uncompressed picture of YUYV formatin c++ using v4l2

I have a webcam connected to beaglebone via usb. I am coding in c++ and my goal is to capture raw UNCOMPRESSED picture from the webcam. Firstly i checked what f...
[7 replies] Last: What exactly means step into v4l2_ioctl? v4l2_ioctl is an externa... (by malibor)
How to run linux commands in a C++ Code

Hi everyone. Im working on windows10. I want to write a c++ code for my linux service. In my code, i want to use some linux commands. Here is it, find /var/...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for all your suggestion. Finally i wrote the code that i wan... (by suslucoder)
by CandyK
Automatyzation script

Hello everyone, I need to create a script that runs the miner at startup. I have no clue what is wrong but I'm getting this error every time when I trie to get ...
[1 reply] : Chia, the reason 16Tb disks are no longer available. I need to creat... (by kbw)
script

Write a script which for each directory given on standard input (in a separate line) prints the user with the largest number of files in this directory. Examp...
[no replies]
script

Write a script which takes a PID as an argument and prints PID's of all its GRANDchildren and grandgrandchildren. Example: $ printthem 3545 3546 3548 366...
[no replies]
script

Write a script which pauses the session for the number of seconds given as argument, and then displays the total size of all files whose names were removed fro...
[no replies]
by Kmpck
Setting working directory to executable directory

Hi guys! I am having a bit of a problem here with figuring out how to set my Kdevelop projects working directory to the directory of the executable that is b...
[3 replies] Last: Thnx. Shortly after posting I found the solution. (by Kmpck)
sql query problem in c++ and mysql

Please edit your post for readability. https://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ > I've a problem with sql query. Does it work at all? Or just give you the...
[3 replies] Last: The b is on the next line, the end of the query is 2 lines after that... (by kbw)
  Archived months: [aug2021] [oct2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.