Lounge - June 2022

Turing machines

My knowledge of how Turing machines function hasn't quite consolidated yet, although, I'd like to think this is a study in it's own right, I'm guessing it would...
[4 replies] Last: The Halting problem isn't about whether or not the program needs to lo... (by zapshe)
by zapshe
Mobile Site Issue

This issue is super annoying. If I load into any cplusplus.com page while the browser resolution is 960 or less (X axis) it'll automatically take me to the mobi...
[2 replies] Last: Ha, I never noticed because I always have it full screen. That's kinda... (by Ganado)
how i read file word by word

I tend to do something like this: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <regex> #include <vector> #include <fstream> std::vector<std::string> split_...
[8 replies] Last: Without using regex and considering - as a splitter char between 2 wor... (by seeplus)
C++ Core Guideline - the Guideline Support Library

I notice it is (somewhat) common for someone to mention a part of the C++ Common Guideline when making about point about using a particular part of C++. I've a...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=George P]Someone learning C++ doesn't know the possible risk. ... (by Cubbi)
VS2022 17.2

Has anyone else experienced instability with VS2022 since updating to 17.2.0? Since I updated a couple of days ago I've had several instances of VS stopping and...
[16 replies] Last: The intellisense issue with Windows 7 has now been fixed in 17.3.0 Pre... (by seeplus)
Ewwww!

1. I have a cat. 2. He's (actually an 'it') a 100% indoor feline. 3. He's on a special vet prescription diet that makes him pee. A lot, often. 4. Sinc...
[10 replies] Last: LOL. Still no flies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE2zW1FSr8Y (by againtry)
Breaches, Breeches and Britches (1,2)

Yes, I am a "word nerd," and proud of it. While doing some interwebz research on "Breach vs. Breech" (https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/breach-br...
[25 replies] Last: teem-team, faze-phase, time-thyme, hire-higher, maw-moor-more, here-he... (by againtry)
C++ ranges

Bartek has now finished his 3 article series on C++20 ranges. See https://www.cppstories.com/ Here he takes an into approach to explaining ranges with plenty...
[no replies]
"I'm not a robot" query

I am not a robot: 1. 0.1 + 0.2 = 0.30000000000000004 2. 0.1 + 0.2 = 300 3. 0.1 + 0.2 = 0.12 4. 0.1 + 0.2 = 0.10.2 ROFL, that correct answer is pe...
[1 reply] : Me, an intellectual: = 0 (by zapshe)
The site now has a mobile view (1,2)

Can't post in the mobile view even though the site does say I am logged in.
[20 replies] Last: I have several Amazon Fire tablets I can use to surf the interwebz whe... (by George P)
What happened to the IRC Channel?

It's still up and running (somehow!)... Looks like there is #cplusplus.com on Libera... Where is everyone?
[7 replies] Last: I dunno, "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" is pretty much canon as the TV e... (by George P)
Spam bots and the Windows Programming Forum

Why is the Windows forum so attractive to the bastards? I really don't care, but it is rather amusingly weird watching them swarm like flies on a fresh turd.
[17 replies] Last: I was cogitating on why the spammers appear to prefer spamming the W... (by George P)
  Archived months: [may2022] [jul2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.