Problems

This is...completely unrelated to programming. Please post this to somewhere where it's a bit more relevant.

Thanks!
There's this strange thing known as the internet, where someone can search for things like "cook top repair services."

I could recommend about 6-10 companies in MY local area, but not having a clue where you are, john, makes giving any advice beyond "do the search it yourself" as worse than useless.

You clearly have access to the internet, so "go for it."

As a fall back yellow pages phone books can be useful.
Screenshot on Imgur for anyone who missed what was originally in this thread: https://imgur.com/a/7hSGk7X
May contain trace amounts of dark theme.

-Albatross
So what do y'all think about PC part stickers? Personally I love them and I always stick them on my cases. I was pretty annoyed when I noticed that my 3950X was missing its sticker in the box.
One of the first things I've always done when getting a new laptop is remove those stickers. I really don't care for them. I'd rather have stickers representing the OS stack I'm using, or stickers that just make the computer look personal.

-Albatross
If someone wants to rent advertising space on my {pc, car, t-shirt, etc} I am happy to oblige. Otherwise, no sticker for you.
clothing is a special case: if I get a free shirt, I will wear it, ok -- traded ad space for free clothes. I will no longer buy shirts(or other clothing) that advertise something, though and even their own logo should be at most very, very small or kept to the tag.

one of the biggest rackets out there is convincing people to pay you to advertise for you.
That's another nice thing about owning a Mac, they don't come with stickers. Well, for those who don't like stickers, anyway.

i definitely agree with jonnin, I always buy shirts that have either no logo or very tiny logo. I will not be used as free ad space for a company that I have zero interest in advertising. Unless it's a brand that I really like, such as Carhartt– I really like my Carhartt coat and pants– they have no equal for working in thick brush (I used to have my own brush-clearing business, so I know what I'm talking about).

It's pretty weird how this topic went from cook-top cleaning to stickers on PC's, and then ad space on t-shirts? But I guess that's the Internet for you.
yes, loose topic forums are like those old progressive drawing jokes.
its a stick, its the letter Y, its a TV with rabbit ears, its a lightbulb, its yo mamma putting on her underwear.... something like that.
Last edited on
This is...completely unrelated to programming.

It isn't unwanted here in The Lounge. The place where anything BUT programming can be discussed and argued over.

Advertising spam is about the only thing undesirable on CPlusPlus no matter what fora.
I will no longer buy shirts(or other clothing) that advertise something

I've never understood people walking around with giant logos and ads on their shirts. They should get paid for wearing it - not pay to wear it.

I personally don't like adding stickers to things - it makes it feel cheap somehow. I tend to keep stickers that come already on my machine for as long as possible before my palm's friction and sweat eventually me have to remove them.
Last edited on
Remember, kids: Only you can prevent the proliferation of forum spam. Don't respond to it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.