Lounge - August 2022

Coding Forums

Sorry if this topic is not allowed. I am looking for other coding forums such as the one here. I was using Dreamincode.net and stackoverflow and came here. D...
[5 replies] Last: ... (by Cyclone)
by Arafen
Ter seu próprio website no Brasil

Olá a todos. Gostaria de compartilhar uma pequena dica sobre como consegui montar meu próprio site para apostar em eventos esportivos no Brasil. Como sou um p...
[no replies]
Boost 1.80.0 released

Boost released a new version today. No new libraries, lots of updates though. https://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_80_0.html
[6 replies] Last: Yeah, I have to agree. As frustrating as the situation was it was rat... (by George P)
Newbie in the field

Hello everyone, I am a newbie programmer. Lately I've been dealing with huge stress from work. I’m kinda struggling with the internship, just wondering if y...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah - baptism of fire. I had one of them very early in my career. I'v... (by seeplus)
A connection problem

I do not know if this topic is related to lounge forum's topics! I hope I not bothering anyone by requesting a solution for my problem. I just bought a TP-LI...
[3 replies] Last: meh, if you want to mess with the guy, get a 30 year old router that i... (by jonnin)
I need the word! (1,2)

Hello everybody :) Well first I am ESL. Omniscient is a word that means "knowing everything". If I want to search for example for a single word that m...
[20 replies] Last: It might actually be something relating to a phrase in OP’s native t... (by Duthomhas)
C++23 (1,2,3)

C++23 is now feature-complete. The C++23 standard documentation is now undergoing it's approval rounds before being finally approved as the latest ISO C++ stand...
[50 replies] Last: I rest my sandwich... (by seeplus)
by thmm
Microsoft finds critical hole in operating system that for once isn't Windows

Oh wow, get a load of Google using strcpy() all wrong – strcpy! Haha, you'll never ever catch us doing that. https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/23/microso...
[3 replies] Last: or just use snprintf()... Won't buffer overflow (if correct size given... (by seeplus)
by Geckoo
Bug

Since a few days I have many problems with the forum using FireFox or Edge - the latest versions. It seems to me that advertisings generate some problems. And f...
[13 replies] Last: I just happened to stumble upon it when I, out of habit, without think... (by Peter87)
by zapshe
The best keyboard I've ever used..

I'm just likeeeeeee, WOW. I'm currently typing on the Corsair K70 MK.2 LOW PROFILE with the Cherry MX LOW PROFILE Speed Switches. This is the nicest typing and...
[5 replies] Last: I never was into PvP/MMO video games, I am too crotchety to deal with ... (by George P)
by Arafen
Ganhos no Brasil

Olá a todos. Encontrei um grande recurso para ganhar dinheiro on-line em qualquer tipo de jogo. Suas duas principais vantagens são que existe uma versão móv...
[no replies]
Where is the search box

The search box was not found after the website was updated,where is it?
[8 replies] Last: Using my older version of FF I get at the bottom of the page links for... (by George P)
Updating pre-C++11/Win32 API code to modern practices

For years I've been using the Win32 C++ code from "Sams Teach Yourself Game Programming in 24 Hours" to refine my use of modern C++/Win32 by tweaking the code. ...
[15 replies] Last: [quote=seeplus]Updated code for Petzold's "Programming Windows" is ava... (by George P)
VS2022

Re topic https://cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/283541/ [closed so I can't add a new post. Ahh...] VS2022 17.3.0 has now been released which fixes these issues ...
[4 replies] Last: As "down on VS/MS" as my kvetching might seem to be, I ain't. Hones... (by George P)
Markdown editor

I am currently looking for a free offline markdown editor/viewer app for Windows, anyone have any recommendations/suggestions? I snagged MarkPad from the M...
[7 replies] Last: Have a look at Typora (by thmm)
Dreamincode.net

Hi, just wondering what happened to that site? It’s a shame it’s down
[3 replies] Last: Given the circumstances surrounding the demise of dreamincode.net I am... (by George P)
cpp.sh - upgrade

cpp.sh has upgraded to the latest compilers (c++20 ... even c++23 experimental) YES!!!!
[6 replies] Last: I have a special Firefox plugin I use to copy in one pass a URL's link... (by George P)
by zapshe
Challenge: Questionable Encryption Algorithm (1,2)

I remembered Ang from a few years ago creating a dumb encryption program. I was looking for something fun to do, figured I'd see if I'd have any better luck at ...
[21 replies] Last: This is how BIP-39 encodes private key bits into a string easily copi... (by mbozzi)
Just managed to write my first fork bomb...

I didn’t mean to, of course. The lesson here is to always test first by print what you are going to do before enabling the code to create a new process...
[9 replies] Last: Today I learned that the order of elements in an interface declarati... (by Duthomhas)
  Archived months: [jul2022] [sep2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.