Beginners - December 2021 (Page 2)

How to get set<string> to store string in size order?

I want to read a set of keywords and store them in size order, and if you type same keywords twice, i can only store only once, so naturally, I want to store st...
[8 replies] Last: std::map< int, std::set<string> > dict; dict[s.size()].insert(s); ... (by ne555)
ctime header syntax

Folks, i need a help with ctime functions syntax. How should i amend below code to get proper data? #include <stdio.h> /* puts, printf */ #includ...
[6 replies] Last: C++20: Calendar https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/chrono#Calendar For... (by JLBorges)
bios.h header in Linux compliation environment

Hi folks! Is it possible to integrate bios.h header with Linux c++ compiler? Bios.cpp:2:10: fatal error: bios.h: No such file or directory 2 | #include <bi...
[6 replies] Last: Yes! Thanks, Seeplus (by impetus)
Does Copy Constructor require explicit copy statements for each class members?

I have below code where I have a class with an array which is created by a pointer and another simple integer value. Since I am creating the int array with a p...
[6 replies] Last: new (or new) doesn't return nullptr by default in case of error, but ... (by seeplus)
What is the best way of implementing this letter valuing function?

Hi. I'm probably overthinking all of this, but it's worth the try. I'm trying to implement a function that will return a short int when passed a char accord...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, use a look up table, if the look up is to be done many times. Id... (by JLBorges)
How to initialize classes to always be usable

Hi everybody, I am currently trying to figure what to do to initialize all functions at the start so that the order I have created the functions in does not ...
[7 replies] Last: Hello C++98! Default member initialization in a class is very much a ... (by George P)
Array (1,2)

Hello, can u help me answer this. Make a program that asks user to input array of numbers (positive and negative) and will identify the smallest positive number...
[26 replies] Last: You might want to have a look at pseudo code: https://www.techgeekbuz... (by thmm)
problem in c++

hello everyone, firstly happy holidays now to the problem:hello everyone could you help fix my code it keeps repeating the same question and doesn't print th...
[4 replies] Last: If the size of the array is not a fixed value that is known before... (by kigar64551)
Access Form1 MenuStripItem from Form 2

Hi Guys, I'm using visual studio 2019. what I'm trying to do is call and access a menu option in my mainform called Form1 from Form2. I've looked on the net...
[10 replies] Last: C++/cli is MS's second attempt to merge C++ with .net (the previous ve... (by seeplus)
matrix problem in c++

hello everyone, firstly happy holidays now to the problem: I'm making a program in c++, to print a chessboard. The program was based on asking for an x ...
[6 replies] Last: finally got it. l17 was supposed to be a line thank you (by The apprentice)
So many errors (1,2)

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; struct libro{ string nome; int anno; }; struct libreria{ libro L ; int n; }; voi...
[21 replies] Last: Thanks (by adryborre)
Array of size n

Hello, I've started using C++ just this week. I've been using matlab for a few years. I want to do an N size array and I get this error with visual studio. A...
[10 replies] Last: I've been using matlab for a few years I missed that note before. I... (by jonnin)
C++ to MySQL remote DB

I am new to C++, and if I wanted to create a C++ program on my Windows machine, and integrate it with a MySQL remote DB, how would I do that? Meaning, I have...
[2 replies] Last: I wanted to create a C++ program on my Windows machine, and integrate... (by kigar64551)
how do you put special characters such as(^) as regular strings for regex

I need to find ^ but the regex just sees it as the special letter, anyways to just make it a regular string?
[3 replies] Last: The use of raw string literals is correct, but I do recommend using a ... (by Duthomhas)
by vboro
Classes?

Hi! I got a task where I must write the header file to the main.cpp (see below). I have found out that I must create classes and somehow make them remember oth...
[6 replies] Last: The output, which must look like this: Inbox for consumer Blaise: ... (by keskiverto)
Advanced C++ Resources/Tutorials

So, I got the basics down, (cout, cin, functions, while loops, do while loops, for loops, classes, arrays, etc) and now I want to continue my C++ journey, but I...
[6 replies] Last: Just took a look at Learn C++ (https://www.learncpp.com/). It's reall... (by kbw)
by realtd
address book using lits

Hi! please help me with my home work. This assignment is to create a contact book so you can keep track of your friends. With this contact book you will bot...
[9 replies] Last: You COULD technically use goto, I know, I know, please don't scream a... (by seeplus)

[8 replies] Last: Well, that little son-of-a-Bob-Wiley... (by JRManx)
What would be the best way to design an OO EEPROM interface?

Hi, I am trying to design a program in which a controller needs to process information and then store calculation results in EEPROM. I am struggling to determin...
[2 replies] Last: Your concern doesn't make much sense to me. Effectively you just want... (by mbozzi)
by mikef
C++ Map of integers as key and class objects vector as value

Is it possible to add a vector of class objects in a map as value? If so, how can I insert an int as key and a vector of classes as value into a map and how to ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I figured out how to display the objects, I'll leave the co... (by mikef)
December 2021 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [nov2021] [jan2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.