Beginners - December 2021

Runtime Error - Codewars - Mumbling - C++ (Newbie)

Hi, I'm just starting to teach myself C++ and using Codewars to gain some experience. I'm really stuck on a runtime error I got yesterday. My code appears...
[9 replies] Last: Both our approaches assume an ASCII-compatible text encoding. In ASC... (by Nick72c)
Array accessibility in class environment

Array accessibility, in class environment. During my book progress, i have little less examples for array/vectors with constructor. In case if I have Header...
[11 replies] Last: ^^^ something like that. the idea is that your object would suppor... (by jonnin)
projects for beginners

as the title says I want suggestions for projects, I've already done a calculator(using shunting yard), what should I do next in order to advance?
[7 replies] Last: I like monster projects that can grow as I learn. If you want a proje... (by newbieg)
by alexas
C++ > OpenGl animation of vector data

Hello Looking for some good ideas for the problem below. Currently I have a lot of data that is being manipulated and stored in the final std::vector (cuboids w...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your advice,. (by alexas)
a

aaa
[2 replies] Last: @seeplus Ive tried your method but still facing the same issue (by Mathavan)
Vector issues

My book is missing syntax for classes with vectors. Please advise how to convert my code from array to vector. #include <string> #include <array> #i...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! Solved (by impetus)
by vboro
How to make difference between parent and child class?

Hi! I recently got a task where I must create a vector class (SoccerTeam) for another class's pointers called SoccerPlayer. I also have twho children from Socc...
[2 replies] Last: It worked perfectly, just the help I needed for my code! Thank you ver... (by vboro)
ShellExecute does not work (1,2)

Hi, I have my code where I just want to access a websearch automatically with a program. For that I have this code, that apparently works well for other people...
[24 replies] Last: FINISHED Here is my code: #include <windows.h> #include <shellapi.h>... (by Mustermann)
Solve my Error

I got this error ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer [-fpermissive] #include <stdio.h> int main() { int i ; int r = 4; ...
[4 replies] Last: The whole thing looks like a tutor assigned "fix the errors in this co... (by salem c)
by aida1
array of linkedlist

hello friends! I have one array of linked list that Sorted in ascending order.i want to my program get a number and search in array of linked list and answer to...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <list> #include <array> #include <algori... (by JLBorges)
how do I evaluate rpn?

as the title says, what is a way to evaluate rpn- eg this statement(5, 5, 54, /, +,) how would I evaluate it into an answer? no need figured it out
[5 replies] Last: oh @mbozzi, i h already did it, i was just replying to the guy after I... (by codinglexernewbie)
Read .csv file with 365 columns and 5000 rows

Hi, I am trying to write a function that reads information from a .csv file. I find this very difficult in c++ especially if the format is dynamic. Please ...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, my compiler is 2017 and it only uses the _s functions. I put to... (by jjardin61)
Space Shooter game

Hello. I need some help with a game I am making. Its called space shooter. Basically aliens move downwards and our space ship moves vertically in the last row. ...
[11 replies] Last: @SubZeroWins I don't think they are the virtual keys being used in th... (by whitenite1)
i keep getting Process returned -1073741819 (0xC0000005) whats the reason? (1,2)

fixed version: #include <cmath> #include <stack> #include<queue> #include <iostream> #include <regex> #include <vecto...
[25 replies] Last: Don't edit your original post, that makes all the commentary on it loo... (by George P)
Returning Objects

Hi, im new on OOP paradigm. Im trying to do I/O Modules for strings, and other for a stack ADT. My idea is to create an empty object, call the Input instructi...
[3 replies] Last: > std::string string; > string = Input(string); Something like th... (by JLBorges)
Switches and sub menus outputs are out of control

I tried to make a simple switch for practice such as making case 3 as the sub menu . After I exit the sub menu of case 3, case 4 output suddenly undesired to ap...
[14 replies] Last: You don't need the goto - these are best avoided. Because submenu is d... (by seeplus)
Const issues

Hi folks! How can i amend following code, to make Input function work in this context. It works well from main function, but i would want to make it accessib...
[1 reply] : Just Deleted const qualifiers from three functions from header, it wo... (by impetus)
help with old code - error: expected ')'

this is an old code i found online, that gives an example C++ code on compound interest. I have problem compiling it to run. Compiler gives the followin...
[6 replies] Last: I think you better stop searching and finding code online This. If... (by jonnin)
Require to fix the else output repeating more than once of for statement

Tried to make a search record for any number and here is what I want to do: 1. given there are numbers between 999, 111 and 12, make a simple search function fo...
[11 replies] Last: Ok I fixed it and it worked Thanks guys (by s021623)
by janac
Errer passing an interator to a function

What am I missing about passing an iterator to a function? I'm getting this error: message : A non-const reference may only be bound to an lvalue message...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks, I understand. (by janac)
December 2021 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [nov2021] [jan2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.