General C++ Programming - January 2021 (Page 4)

by Ocko91
rand # only for odd #

Hi C++ , I have program for 5 random numbers from 1 to 10 . srand(time(0)); int num; while (cin) { cout << " 5 random # 1 - 10 ---> "; for...
[9 replies] Last: @Ganado, Those are some fancy stochastical machinations there! But you... (by dutch)
vcpkg error installing sfml

./vcpkg install sfml i got this error -- Building x86-windows-dbg -- Restarting Build without parallelism because memory exceeded CMake Error at scripts/cmak...
[4 replies] Last: solved by installing windows sdk at vs 2019 (by aymanawa)
by Jans
Syntax question - *(*new)

Hello, My question is about new syntax introduced in c/cpp standards. Recently I have encountered such syntax: ssh_cipher *(*new)(const ssh_cipheralg *alg);...
[3 replies] Last: Hello, many thanks for explanation. I thought that it is new syntax i... (by Jans)
Need to confirm whether my solution is correct or not

Q11. There are three seating categories at a stadium. For a softball game, Class A seats cost $15, Class B seats cost $12, and Class C seats cost $9. Write a pr...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you seeplus for the tip, I will edit that in my program (by scyp101)
by frek
C++ notes review

Hi all, It's months I'm far from programming wholly but already have a list of notes to refresh my mind about programming in occasions like this. So, I will ...
[8 replies] Last: @Ganado Probably if we add this to the text the explanation will be r... (by frek)
Vector Merge sort version with wrong output

I am not too sure what I did wrong in this Mergesort algorithm I made. my output I am receiving is 4 3 5 5 4 3 8 8 8 I am speculating my int mid value...
[1 reply] : Put your code between CODE TAGS to retain indentation. In your "... (by dutch)
Object Detection

This is a general question regarding image processing and object detection. I did a Google search for an answer but did not delve deep into the results since I ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the reply. I understand that OpenCV makes life much easi... (by nicholasjb1996)
Question(s) about handles...

Long story short im interested in a way to communicate with my keyboards driver. This is for my own personal use and maybe for a friend or 2 but its nothing n...
[11 replies] Last: But what happens when you write to that handle? I really do not think ... (by helios)
by NanaM
C++ noob needs guidance

Hello, First of all I am new to this forum and am grateful for its presence. I am stuck starting a new course as I am so close to graduating with my AA in ...
[3 replies] Last: Hello NanaM, Sorry I found this so late. Since you are new here some ... (by Handy Andy)
Dijkstra's algorithm with C++ and GUI

Dijkstra's algorithm. Help please. What steps do I use to make this work after reading the algorithm? Just C++ please. No Visual C++. Thank you.
[12 replies] Last: againtry, Thank you. I think that you are helping. I am not to the a... (by BobQuarter)
can we use html tags in c++ program?

std::cout << "<body>yes</body>" << std::end;
[1 reply] : Please be more specific. Do you just want to create an HTML file using... (by Ganado)
Is, there a way to re-compile memory position only.

Is there an way to re-compile an game exe? For example, I want to re-compile a position in memory instead of needing to patch it through an hex editor? Any, wa...
[8 replies] Last: Overall, what does the "position" mean? (re-compile) a position in me... (by keskiverto)
Iterator seems to be breaking

Hi! I'm trying to find 2 squares in a collection of squares that overlap. Here's the segment of my code that's buggy: https://hatebin.com/apaolkatzj `relevant`...
[1 reply] : I'm particularly baffled by this because I did perform a check for if... (by dutch)
Why should we only use i in for loop?

Why not? AFAIK using i in loops stems back to the early days of Fortran (late 1950's) where variables i j k l m n were integer variables by default. The other ...
[5 replies] Last: It's just a traditional way to write code as we started learning like ... (by aayushi98)
by frek
Is it worth for a C++ programmer to start learning C now

On the one hand, along with technology progress, modern devices with higher and more powerful equipment are being come out and it opens room for C++ and Qt and ...
[11 replies] Last: I think C basics are the foundation of c plus plus. There are a lot of... (by aayushi98)
by Deo12
Sharing variables values between Dialog Boxes

I really need an advice on this topic guys. I have 2 Dialog boxes. In the first dialog box I have combobox which I want to fill with the user's input. I want wh...
[3 replies] Last: So please show the code and what are the errors? (by coder777)
Classes Error

I need help in creating a header file for these particular classes but i donot know how to do them, please help me. #include <iostream> using namespace std; cl...
[2 replies] Last: - Why is engineModel a stringstream instead of just a string? You can... (by Ganado)
how to run python code with c++?

how to run python code with c++? https://www.mypascoconnect.website/
[2 replies] Last: win 10 64 bits. Try this for a self contained method in a folder. htt... (by oggin)
how to go to a function definition in the function scope. VS2015

there is a code like next. void function() // The point { ... ... // I'm in here. // I want to go to the point ... } Is there any shortcu...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys.. Maybe I think It's impossible in VS2015. (by woohyeon)
shifting the next column with respect to the first column in a text file

Hello, I have a text file consisting of three columns: 12 15 16 13 12 10 10 15 18 18 20 11 I want to shift the next 2 columns in this manner: 12 20 18 ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! I was actually trying to mix the data set in a way to cance... (by Surya010)
January 2021 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [dec2020] [feb2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.