General C++ Programming - December 2020

RNC Decompressor issue dumping file from input file

Hey, I have successfully compiled this code here-> https://lubiki.keeperklan.com/dk1_docs/libadikted/dernc_8c-source.html But, when I run my executable conso...
[12 replies] Last: Alright, thanks for the info I will take a look into it. (by mecacool)
C++ code

please help me with the code below.. the program should be able to perform the below 8 tasks from add student record to exit.. record should be recorded using ...
[6 replies] Last: As it's New Year, for your starter for 10 (UK quiz program) a possible... (by seeplus)
C++ code

Please help me with the code below.. the program should be able to perform the below 8 tasks from add student record to exit.. record should be recorded using ...
[3 replies] Last: What you want is the 'Jobs' section. Easy mistake to make, it happens ... (by Computergeek01)
lambda expression always returns a prvalue, hence dangling reference?

Hi, I found the following in cppreference.com in the documentation for std::function: Care should be taken when a std::function whose result type is a refe...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks you two, didn't know it was explicitly stated as an exception t... (by Ganado)
How to dump a file stored at memory offset

Hey, any suggestions on how to dump a file called t3.gif that is stored in a tex.lss at a offset of 0x54dc1 in memory. Any, code examples or libs I can use Ive...
[3 replies] Last: Academically that's correct. I'd suggest nirsoft for this otherwise: h... (by Computergeek01)
Combination of point coordinates from limit values

Hello I have an lower and upper limit values of n dimension coordinate system, like [2,5,8]- lower and [6,12,16] - upper for 3 dim. I want to get points from...
[12 replies] Last: It looks like half then half then half . . . either way. #include... (by oggin)
Compiling Trevisan's Extractor

Hello, I am trying to compile this library: https://github.com/jdbancal/libtrevisan I installed everything without error and I could make for the code....
[7 replies] Last: Here I put the link for sample input https://easyupload.io/m/zhe9xm ... (by questextractor)
How to learn programming as a newbie?

Decide on what programming language you want to learn first. Then choose your programming tools. C++ is not a bad choice, though it does have a steep learning...
[2 replies] Last: I do not know whether we are allowed to mention specifics, but the bes... (by IcterusGalbula)
Trying to make custom "std::getline()" function (HELP!)

Hello. First off, I'd like to apologize to anyone I may have offended here. Sorry for being mad and maybe rude. :P Also, I was trying to make a custom version ...
[10 replies] Last: You should use the get method instead of operator>> since you obvious... (by seeplus)
How to generate .dll files of 3rdparties to build folder with CMakelists.txt

Hello, I am trying to compile my test project with CMakeLists.txt in which several 3rd parties are specified with find_package. I use list(append LIBRARIES ...
[no replies]
Gode that covers basics

Hi just getting into coding, can someone create or show me a code that covers basics so i can have reference to look back on. I would much appreciate the help. ...
[4 replies] Last: https://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/basic-file-io/ http://www.cplusp... (by againtry)
Float answer gets rounded

I'm trying to display the answer float value as it is, but visual studio code is rounding the float number or displaying the answer as standard number.(i.e:2.5e...
[9 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <vector> #include <al... (by lastchance)
How to use other type's memory block?

Can you guys check my way is possible? I want a class type's memory block, and I want to get the memory block from my memory pool. but it's a char type's memor...
[2 replies] Last: JLBorges // Thank you! I didn't know about the placement new.. It is ... (by woohyeon)
Jump between number in array

I want two compare two arrays. One of them is a subset of the other one. I want my function to return the minimum equal gap between the numbers of the first su...
[no replies]
assign ID for states and retrieval the state values

I have two classes challenge and SimpleState and they are given as class challenge{ public: enum CONTEXTS{ // context ...
[3 replies] Last: if you want combinations of the states it may be worth doing some bit ... (by jonnin)
Calculating average height of N people in C++

Hello! How do I make a program in C++ in which the heights of N number of people will be input in centimeters? Also, all of the following should be included: T...
[1 reply] : Don't cross-post. https://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/275016/ (by salem c)
CL.exe missing for VS 2017 compilation

I loaded a VS 2017 project with 'C' subprograms and '.h' files etc. Compilation failed because I do not have CL.exe associated with the VS project. There are...
[1 reply] : When you installed VS2017, did you select the option to install the c/... (by seeplus)
How do I make a .a library? (1,2)

Hello. I want to know how to make a library (.a file) that I can use in projects on all operating systems/devices (3ds, etc.) How would I go about doing this ...
[32 replies] Last: Ok, thank you very much! :D (by SirEnder125)
help me with the modification of the code

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int arraySize; cout<<"How many integers are you inputing? "; cin>>arraySize; ...
[3 replies] Last: the modification of the code You don't say what modification - but ... (by seeplus)
subtract 2 Point3d values result into a Point3d inside a function

Hamstrung by this difficulty, which should have been easy. The goal was to subtract 2 Point3d points(Q,R) with a third(P) as the result. func() { Poin...
[7 replies] Last: oggin, note that instead of #define, you can use 'using' or 'typedef'.... (by Ganado)
December 2020 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [nov2020] [jan2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.