Windows Programming - September 2022

A Simple way to play a sound on a form?

Hi, just trying to play a sound when the user presses a button. This won't compile. Gives a very long error message which I don't understand mciSendString(...
[6 replies] Last: ... which are now also the same as PTSTR and PCTSTR since Windows move... (by seeplus)
by Geckoo
Random numbers (1,2,3)

Hello. I have no questions today, but I need some explanation about this method so as to generate a random number. I made a little test using this code - an alt...
[52 replies] Last: Good coffee is just wasted on this Pleb and villein. (by George P)
How to show an image by a new window by providing char sequence?

Hello guys, in order for me to understand videostreams correctly, i need to know if threre is a way to not save a file into lets say .PNG et ceter and to then...
[3 replies] Last: Just showing pixel data on screen in Windows is dead simple. Basically... (by mbozzi)
How to send real time screenshare over tcp windows socket?

Hello all, i just wondered how i could screenshare over a tcp socket connection. I want the client to send real time pictures to the server, which then disp...
[4 replies] Last: It sounds like you want to re-invent VNC 😏 https://en.wikipedia.... (by kigar64551)
can we change console output to CP_UTF8 but using only C++ standard?

can we change console output to CP_UTF8 but using only C++ standard instead of windows functions? How do we build the locale to specify UTF8 and then imbue that...
[1 reply] : Already answered in your other thread: https://cplusplus.com/forum/win... (by kigar64551)
What is the encoding of CString? (1,2)

CString is a wchar_t based string type; what encoding does it use? how can one translate from CString to std::string? Thanks! Juan
[30 replies] Last: I think this is very platform-specific to Windows and probably can't... (by kigar64551)
can i create a texture line?

we can create a HPEN or HBRUSH. but can i create a HPEN from an image?
[4 replies] Last: If I read correctly or ExtCreatePen() function, with LOGBRUSH::lbHatch... (by Cambalinho)
How to set brightness for one specific monitor

Good day everyone, I'll try my best to describe my issue. I'm writing a software with Visual C++ .Net Framework. Goal is to plug in a monitor, and the software...
[no replies]
  Archived months: [aug2022] [oct2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.