Windows Programming - October 2021

Creating a popup window above an another.

I have a `handle` to third party window (not created by me, retrieved using the `FindWindow` function). Now I'd kile to create a small popup style window that w...
[4 replies] Last: LRESULT PopupWindow(HWND hwnd) { ... (by JohnOfC)
visual studio 2019 version16.11.5 strange behavior

The problem is I have a solution web api .net framework. after updating my visual studio every time that I open my solution I have to go to property and chose m...
[no replies]
Help Using MySQL in Visual C++

I am writing an Archiving application in Visual Studio 2019 C++. I have not been able to write to or read from a MySql longblog. I would appreciate an exa...
[1 reply] : You can find an example here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1916... (by AbstractionAnon)
Disconnect the game application network

I have 3 game windows, I want to disconnect from the network game window 1, windows 2 and 3 work properly, can I do that?
[7 replies] Last: It is much simpler than this. The OP asked if he could do it. If he ... (by jonnin)
Trying to find the programming code that activates or deactivates the screensaver.

Hello, if you are reading this please can you tell me what programming code activates or deactivates the screensaver in Windows please?. I tried to find it but ...
[4 replies] Last: at one point, not sure if still true, the SS was just an exe renamed t... (by jonnin)
DrawText buffering?

I have something really weird going on. DrawText appears to be buffering. I have a loop that's supposed to write "A" through "O" across the top of the scre...
[3 replies] Last: Hi coder777, thanks for your thoughts. I found this while I was debug... (by AbstractionAnon)
by sam464
Passing a pointer to a struct into a dll

windows 10 visual studio 2019 community I have an exe project with a large struct in it. I also have a dll project. I pass a pointer to the struct in the ex...
[13 replies] Last: Yes, this appears to be the answer. The compiler is 'assuming the wors... (by sam464)
SYSTEM_FONT

What is the SYSTEM_FONT for Win API? Is it Tahoma? How can you tell? I can look at the Text Metrics and see all the parameters, but that doesn't help much. ...
[3 replies] Last: depends on what you mean, I guess. Windows hid the font change interfa... (by jonnin)
Scrolling data efficiently

So, I have a data file that I am reading in that is to displayed in my main window. Right now, I have it printing at particular x,y coordinates, with headings,...
[14 replies] Last: LRESULT fnWndProc_OnHScroll(WndEventArgs& Wea) { ScrollData* pScrDt... (by freddie1)
Scale for dimensions in .rc file vs CreateWindow

A few years ago I wrote a C++ program with the help of Virtual Studio and some books. The program works OK, but one of my frustrating problems was the apparent...
[3 replies] Last: Is there any relation between pixels and dialog base units?.. This m... (by The Grey Wolf)
  Archived months: [sep2021] [nov2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.