Beginners - July 2021 (Page 3)

by Hyung
Get a value from a data

My sibling ask me to find error in his coding. He want to find smallest value he get highest instead. i already try figure out. i spend 2 hour try changing his ...
[8 replies] Last: but what does numeric limit do ? In the code above, it returns the ... (by seeplus)
Domino max number of tiles

An integer N is given, followed by N number of pairs of integers - the pairs represent domino tiles. Each tile can rotate (ie the first number becomes the secon...
[5 replies] Last: So, like I said in my first post ... set up a container of target domi... (by lastchance)
How to find the year for highest value ?

I have a file that consist of 30 rows and 3 column. I have to find the highest value of the second column with the year. for example the file is like : 2012 ...
[11 replies] Last: for ( int year; fromFile >> year; ) { // use year } No... (by keskiverto)
How do I continue with this question

Write a function that reads all lines of the input, and print the number of lines that are exactly equal to the first line (including the first line itself). ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { std::string fir... (by seeplus)
Creating a nested for loop clipping function

My old code reads a spritesheet (rows = different buttons, cols = different button states) one row at a time using for loops and divides them into individual sp...
[1 reply] : its not the same code... there is nothing at all like the line 14 for ... (by jonnin)
Code loops when you try to print the entire queue

Hello all, I built a program around the concept of queues, while it compiles and allows input and removal of a member, printing ( selection e) causes the pr...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you so much, I understand now. (by jamiprogrammer)
by Hyung
How to fix this coding ?

i have a coding that need to read from a file. i have to find the sum of 2 column from the file. the file is like this : Mon 12 5 50 Tue 20 8 13 Wed 20 2...
[4 replies] Last: that is an initialization, not a subtraction. its set == to -1 this ... (by jonnin)
by mnm71
How can I improve this code?

I wrote this code but how can I improve it without using at least two while auto _Length = DataBlockCount * DataBlockLength; vector<double> totalPacket; ...
[6 replies] Last: > auto _L ength = DataBlockCount * DataBlockLength; Avoid using id... (by JLBorges)
by Dufeng
The size of pointers in 64 system

According to cpp reference, a pointer in 64 system is 8 bytes = 64 bits = 2 ^ 64 (https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/types). However, the address in th...
[10 replies] Last: > The original ideal behind C++'s allocator was to encapsulate these d... (by JLBorges)
by Dufeng
For loop behave differenly each time

I am learning c++ and try to understand the object lifetime of the move constructor and copy constructor. I am using g++ 9.2.0, c++17 in vscode. I created a str...
[7 replies] Last: The point of @seeplus's post (I think) is that neither your copy or mo... (by mbozzi)
adding and removing structs from a data structure

I'm trying to find a data structure to which structs can be added or removed based on user input of the struct name. I thought I had found something promising i...
[1 reply] : > Is there a way to remove an element from the middle of a vector Loc... (by JLBorges)
Missing class template error

For this code I have to use an adjacency matrix to represent the graph. I'm having trouble in my driver.cpp file calling on the graph.h file because it says cla...
[6 replies] Last: Never mind figured it out. (by Lacy9265)
operator overloading, no acces to private members?

Hallo, I am currently learning C++. But now I wrote some code to overload operatos. The first operator- is not working and returns "No access to private membe...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, helped me out alot 😊 (by maffinpower)
make 3d array from another data structure

I have old C/C++ code. Here is fragment unsigned char * data; unsigned long data_size; ... data_size = x * y * channels; data = (unsigned char *)mallo...
[8 replies] Last: Easier in Fortran: Wow! Fortran has sure changed massively since I ... (by seeplus)
Trying to use command pattern breaks my code

I'm trying to make a small game engine in SDL2 based around enum switch state machines because they make things easier to organize, interpret, and less messy. A...
[3 replies] Last: I think I got the gist except for how struct user_input actually work... (by mbozzi)
by saam
undeclared identifier 'File

I have got this error Use of undeclared identifier 'File'. How do i fix it ? thanks void DeckGUI::filesDropped(const juce::StringArray &files, int x, int ...
[2 replies] Last: yes thanks@heios. now, Build Succeeded but I cant dragged the file int... (by saam)
Problem with invisible textures

I am having an issue with SDL2 where I want to see and use two different button textures at different times in different places using enum states. Each button i...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you. So, I should nest the input, or functions that call up the ... (by jhbardwell)
by nodesc
2D Array Can't Pass As Parameter

Hi, all This program is meant to create a 2d array from user input and then proceed to display this array but with the number of elements swapped with each o...
[3 replies] Last: Perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <limits> #include <string> #i... (by seeplus)
c++ searching from a text file ,when I terminate and run the program again it says no id found

when I search from a text file my program finds the record in c++, but once I terminate it and run it again it does not find the record, it says no id found,I a...
[6 replies] Last: As a first refactor, consider. This first reads the file (if present),... (by seeplus)
new wannabe dev

So, I think my problem is I got too much information available, and need something of a funneling point to start at. At the moment, I'm only interested in makin...
[5 replies] Last: Another game-engine: https://github.com/OneLoneCoder/olcPixelGameEngin... (by thmm)
July 2021 Pages: 12345... 7
  Archived months: [jun2021] [aug2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.