Beginners - November 2020 (Page 12)

Convert Program to use pointer arithmetic?

I am supposed to convert a program that was given to me to use pointer arithmetic. I really do not understand how to use pointer arithmetic and want to know how...
[5 replies] Last: Consider (not tried): #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include... (by seeplus)
Load cell +Hx711 +Arduino UNO

Hello. My code is for a weight balance, but the results are oscilated. //adiciona as bibliotecas ao codigo #include <HX711.h> #include <Wire.h> //#inc...
[3 replies] Last: Averaging, range, filtering the readings, calibration and the environm... (by againtry)
I have problems understanding loops

I learn c++ at the school and i have problems understanding loops, how can i learn them easier, please help
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by grooviqw)
Assistance needed-- I can't figure out how to start

Hi, in the past I've always used VSCode while programming, and I want to set up C++ on VSCode also. I've watched many youtube videos on how to do so, but many o...
[2 replies] Last: > I've watched many youtube videos on how to do so, but many of them a... (by salem c)
Multiply 2 array

I am trying to multiply two arrays one being hours the other being wages and showing results into salary. I have tried different things but am not getting it t...
[8 replies] Last: @briancb2004, all good and take your time. The tutorials on this site... (by againtry)
C++ Test Score Code Help With Sorting and Arrays

Hi. This is my first time writing something on this website, and I am just really confused with my overall code. So far it works, but my only issue is adding a...
[14 replies] Last: Hello allisonOs, I agree that my code with the "temp" variable may be... (by Handy Andy)
char inFile to Array

I am developing a program that takes 20 multiple choice answers from a student's test and compares it to an array consisting of the correct answers. I want to t...
[10 replies] Last: And this is what that looks like: #include <iostream> #include <fstr... (by againtry)
Test scores average coming out incorrectly

Hey guys, I saw that someone posted a question about this program earlier but they are having a different issue than I am. When I compile the code and input the...
[5 replies] Last: The -71582760.00 number is just the result of using uninitialized valu... (by Ganado)
clear EOF doesn't work

Write your question here. ifstream fin(filename); double s; int count=0; while(1){ fin>>s; count=count+1; if (fin.eof()) {fin.clear( );...
[4 replies] Last: Why you should not use exit() in main: https://stackoverflow.com/quest... (by George P)
Trying to create a program. Need help please.

So I'm thinking of creating a program to help me with the gestation period of my dog. I want to be able to have the user input the date the dog was bred using (...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks alot. I'll start there. (by Dawson82)
Linker error 1104: can't open file wxbase31ud.lib

So recently I've decided to try GUI programming with C++, and I have downloaded wxWidgets. I have added the headers to the include path and added the library di...
[8 replies] Last: I just looked at the directories again and I realized that I was reall... (by programmeruser)
c++ producer-consumer problem

I have a project involving where the file size and a file name is put into the console and must print line by line everything within the file. This needs to be ...
[3 replies] Last: It really boils down to whether you want to force each thread to wait ... (by salem c)
by Chad9
Convert into c++

Hello can someone convert this code into c++ code #include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> struct Room { float length; float width; float squareF...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you guys (by Chad9)
Question about a certain book - wrong place to ask?

Hi, sorry I am not sure if this should be asked here, but I do not know of anywhere else to ask. I have been learning c++ for a good few months now and believe ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, thanks for all the feedback, firstly I will definitely look into g... (by DonnaPin)
passable? (1,2)

Is this passable? Write the following program: The user is asked to enter 2 floating point numbers (use doubles). The user is then asked to enter one of the ...
[39 replies] Last: This is simple: #include <iostream> int main() { const double g {... (by seeplus)
C++ - printing head and tail of linked list

So I have a singly linked list below that prints out a list of Movie objects in alphabetical order based by the director name. I'm trying to print the first ele...
[1 reply] : cout << "HEAD: \n" << head << endl; //prints memory address? Why... (by seeplus)
Modifying and changing libraries

How can I rewrite the following Program so that works using Smart Pointers instead of Dynamic Memory Allocation.?? First program program 1.cpp // This pr...
[4 replies] Last: For 1) #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <memory> usi... (by seeplus)
by Mif
How to print the penultimate integer ? "C"

How to get last but one if user choose a number from a list in a file.txt ? I have this example: 15000 560 100 16500 500 300 17150 200 360 18144 221 130 ...
[6 replies] Last: Ohh.. thank you seeplus that helped me alot. I adapted to my code ... (by Mif)
Find max valuable item val from multiple items, algorithm

For everyone who had gotten me to this point, I'm really grateful. Learn a lot from you guys. I posted this question before, I got everything running and the p...
[11 replies] Last: @LmaverickD, Be careful with it though. It runs and gives the right an... (by againtry)
CHAR.SWITCH

Hey lads, need your help in here, Using the Switch operator to create a menu like below: int main() { while(1) { system("cls"); ...
[6 replies] Last: thank you guys, i used a char name , ex. 'a' after the 9-th menu opti... (by MaxGreen)
November 2020 Pages: 1... 1011121314
  Archived months: [oct2020] [dec2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.