Beginners - November 2020 (Page 11)

How can I compile C++ code with MSYS2 that doesn't depend on the msys iibraries?

I heard that MSYS2 was more powerful than regular MinGW so I installed that and uninstalled MinGW. However when I compile with g++ it seems to depend on MSYS-sp...
[2 replies] Last: You are using the MSYS2 compiler, so it will be using MSYS-specific li... (by George P)
What's the down side to linking to libraries you don't use

Lately I've been using GUI libraries. I always start by using CMake to write my makefile. Since I'm lazy I tend to use the same CMakeLists.txt every time and al...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=jonnin]windows has depends.exe which tells what DLLs the execut... (by George P)
counting negatives OR positives in array

The homework is to count the number of positive numbers in an array if bool is "true" and count the negative numbers if bool is "false". I am only allowed one l...
[9 replies] Last: Assuming positive is > 0, then just using a simple loop: int counti... (by seeplus)
Using Value Returning Functions

Hi, I'm having trouble using value returning functions with my code. When I input 8 for the mileage, the answer should be 506880, yet when I run it, it outputs ...
[9 replies] Last: @seeplus, Thank you for the input. In MSVS 2015 I knew how to use th... (by Handy Andy)
Linked stack

Hi, this semester we are studyinng Data structures in c++. Last time we studied linked stack /the one with the pointers /we said it is like nodes//, I used the ...
[4 replies] Last: A double linked list is a multi-purpose data structure. You can use i... (by salem c)
Need help with arrays, structs, and vectors

I got a weird assignment to make an array, struct, vector program but we weren't given information on any of that and what I find else where is hard to comprehe...
[19 replies] Last: Another way of putting it is without the int, the array/list doesn’t... (by againtry)
by ronnn
C Programming - Doubly Linked Lists

Hello, i recently discovered this website after trying to look for some help with my assignment in C. I am having an issue where whenever I try to print my doub...
[3 replies] Last: thanks for your help salem and seeplus, I finally got it working! Now ... (by ronnn)
Key and door

Hello! im new in this of coding. im trying to make a key and a door. the thing here is that the door opens even if you don't have the key #include <stri...
[4 replies] Last: Yep, any map is possible. You can even write a map generator program a... (by againtry)
Help me, please!

How to fill an array int arr = with numbers from 1 to 5 in any order and display the number of numbers greater than 2?
[2 replies] Last: #include <random> #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include ... (by seeplus)
How to draw seven Tetris with straight lines?

How to draw seven Tetris with straight lines? C++ under the statement "HDC hdc = BeginPaint(hWnd, &ps);" ?
[2 replies] Last: The shapes are all made of squares eg etc ... (by jonnin)
Hepl me and check mo code!

Arrays are filled by the user with numbers 1,2,3,4,5. It is necessary to deduce those arrays where there are numbers 3,4,5. And give as a number, for example 7 ...
[5 replies] Last: You still haven't said whether it needs to contain all these numbers... (by seeplus)
how can i make a loop to read file until it's found.

Write your question here. #include<bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; int main() { ifstream in("test2.txt"); while(!in.is_open()) { in.close();...
[3 replies] Last: There is no test2.txt file when i run the program. The program will ma... (by Brjdyxter)
Need to count total number of characters in a string

I having trouble getting this to output the total number of characters in a string. Not sure what I'm missing. #include<iostream> #include<string> using na...
[6 replies] Last: int uppercount = 0, lowercount = 0, digits = 0, total = 0, length, sp... (by againtry)
STL Queue, ProcessDeparture Error

I have gotten a bit far into my STL Queue program but am having trouble when it comes to the processDeparture function, I keep getting an error saying: : no ...
[2 replies] Last: This seems to be a repost of http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/2... (by seeplus)
Bank Simulation using STL QUEUE'S

Hi, I am working on a programming exercise using an STL Queue library and am having trouble with the departure and arrival process, and also printing out the my...
[2 replies] Last: Also reposted at http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/273925/ (by seeplus)
Version of C/C++, Platform Architecture, and Compiler

Hi, I am writing a software utility to pull up the correct data types, functions and classes given the version of C or C++, the compiler, and platform archit...
[3 replies] Last: Try one of these perhaps? https://sourceforge.net/projects/predef/ htt... (by salem c)
LNK2005 error when trying to overload an operator

Hi, So I am getting a LNK2005 error when i try and compile this, which showed up when I added the overload of == and != operators in my class. I looked this e...
[6 replies] Last: The official writeup for the error is at https://docs.microsoft.com/en... (by againtry)
corect my code, please!

Data on the learning outcome of each of the 15 students in the group in five subjects is set by the user. Determine the number of students who did not receive a...
[11 replies] Last: Hi, Andy! Thanks for the help. I started developing a program. Your ti... (by chebyrek)
testing two objects as equal?

is there a way to test to see if i can test if two objects of the same types equal each other, like if say i have a class: class Fraction { public: ...
[3 replies] Last: difference and sum would likely do some sort of common denom logic. c... (by jonnin)
intervals and percentage

the guestion says: find in the given by the user interval (im guessing they mean (12;28) etc?) all the natural numbers which will increase by 30-45% if you writ...
[7 replies] Last: The signal-to-noise ratio of reports on this forum must be astronomica... (by Ganado)
November 2020 Pages: 1... 91011121314
  Archived months: [oct2020] [dec2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.