Beginners - November 2020 (Page 14)

Help with Functions

So I am in a intro class for computer programming. I am not very good at working with multiple functions in a script. I was given this task this week relating t...
[5 replies] Last: Do you understand functions now, or are you still unsure? (by CodeGoggles)
Why can't we inizitialize arrays with a function that returns arrays

So I know that the following code doesn't technically "return" array, but I still want to know why it gives me an error when trying to to initialize/assign a...
[5 replies] Last: Your reply still has some holes that need to be filled -- Let's see... (by newbieg)
by NowIC
Beginner want to advance (Network Programming in Windows)

Hallo. I have a PacktPublishing subscription. I learned & watched 2 courses about C and thought I can now go to some advanced stuff. Maybe I am wrong. Now I sta...
[2 replies] Last: Of course. Ok. Thank you. Didn't see this. :-) (by NowIC)
need help with an assignment for my class

I am new to C++ and need help with a assignment. Create an interactive fiction story application in C++ You will get to try out your requirements gathering,...
[7 replies] Last: PS It's a good move to properly indent your code, and also to tag your... (by againtry)
how to write my own vector.emplace_back

As an exercise I'm writing my own version of vector. I can't figure out how to implement emplace_back. I went and looked at my header for a hint, and this is wh...
[6 replies] Last: What does the :: in front of new mean? I assume it prevents someone fr... (by closed account oivD8vqX)
check if 2 complex numbers are equal (OOP in C++)

I started so study OOP in C++ and I have some issue with an exercise. I have to create a class "Complex" with a method equal()which checks if 2 complex numbers...
[4 replies] Last: Yess, it's working now. Thank you for your help! (by valiciousx)
by maulk
how to Functions

[6 replies] Last: @maulk. Please don't delete posts. It's not good forum etiquette. I... (by CodeGoggles)
Need to store 5000 Randomly Generated Names in Array

I need to store 5000 randomly generated names in an array. I have made my generator, however, I can't seem to figure out how to get 5000 random names. #inclu...
[7 replies] Last: @seeplus yes you are right. But as a novice coder myself I tend to thi... (by CodeGoggles)
by totoo
bool and vector functions help (1,2)

A user should be able to input a 4-digit number that satisfies the following: --each digit is unique --the tens place is three times the thousands place --an od...
[23 replies] Last: Sorry for the 'off-problem' posts. Got a bit sidetracked.... As @last... (by seeplus)
by syeare
File Streams: Int (?) Output

I have a file, file.txt . I must read data from this file, make some calculations, and then output that data into new.txt . The content of file.txt (doe...
[10 replies] Last: Hello syeare, Sorry I ended going to bed after my last post. For ex... (by Handy Andy)
November 2020 Pages: 1... 121314
  Archived months: [oct2020] [dec2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.