Beginners - December 2020 (Page 8)

Operator overloading and unique generation

I'd like for the code to have operator overloading and the ability to generate unique random account numbers but I do not know how to do that. This is the or...
[9 replies] Last: to limit the number that the generation could go up or down to Yes.... (by seeplus)
Large nums

The task is the following: we have two char arrays that can be with diff sizes that represent big nums and we have to multiply them, to do the addition, the div...
[4 replies] Last: if you have some math background you can see how the same concept as t... (by jonnin)
Help fix LNK2019 and LNK1120 errors

I have a code that has two errors LNK2019 and LNK1120. Searches on the Internet did not yield a solution. How can I resolve these errors? #include <cstdio> #...
[4 replies] Last: chebyrek, PLEASE learn to use code tags, they make reading and comme... (by George P)
reference to indirection to pointer

Write your question here. int main(){ int a=5; int* q=a; int& p= *q; return 0; first of all sorry for my english. I don't unde...
[9 replies] Last: int a = 5; int* q = &a; int& p = *q; *p is an alias for a ? Alm... (by doug4)
Random letter capitalizer

Hey guys, can somebody help me to do a program that can randomly capitalize a letter that you put in. there must be no consecutive identical capitalize the lett...
[9 replies] Last: Now write the inverse program! :) (Unfortunately not possible in gener... (by Ganado)
Help on a question

An authority requires a deposit on a car loan according to the following schedule: Loan$ ...
[5 replies] Last: Also have a look at https://www.learncpp.com/ (by seeplus)
dividing the program into smaller parts.

The cyferka has a value of 11. I wish she was 7 :) #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include "skladyN.hpp" using namespace std; int main() { i...
[11 replies] Last: Yes, he solved the problem. now i have a new one. // main .cpp #in... (by czerwonymoskit)
C++ - static vector of pointers causes undefined reference

I'm trying to create a function below in my CreateReport class called load() that copies all the records (data) from my graduate.dat file into my static vector ...
[2 replies] Last: Why do you want primaryCollection ? It seems there is no good reason.... (by coder777)
C++ audio/wav files

Hellp guys, is there any library that I can use in order to open, close, manipulate and write a new wav file in c++? Thanks in advance!
[15 replies] Last: yes, give proper credit. you can probably google the current academic... (by jonnin)
shared pointer, unique pointer - inside classes?

Hi, I am not sure if this question would really have a yes or no answer, but even if someone could help clarify for me it would be really helpful. I am currentl...
[2 replies] Last: ok thank you :) (by DonnaPin)
DUE TONIGHT Can someone fix my array for a file I created?

Hi. I have finished working on a code that requires me to create a file that displays all records from a disc file. My only issue is that for some reason, the ...
[5 replies] Last: Apologies for that. I just realized that I didn't match it in the co... (by allisonOs)
Function returning vector with type from template

Hey. I want to simply make a function that will return a random vector of given type and sizes, but I may suck with templates & oop in c++. I tried something li...
[4 replies] Last: You can just do cout << (int)my_8_bit_var; (by Ganado)
HELP ME MAKE A MENU FILE (DUE IN TWO DAYS)

If you want help you need to write code first and post it here. We can then give you ideas of how to improve the code. If you want us to do all the work then ...
[3 replies] Last: duplicate post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/jobs/274689/ I guess n... (by George P)
by tgp23
How to add input to Text File?

This might be a simple question so I apologize. I have been making pace with a program that adds zoo animals to a text file in a list, and I am trying to let th...
[13 replies] Last: Using a vector, splitting into functions and re-saving data when done,... (by seeplus)
by yem
finding (whole word) substrings in string (1,2)

Hey guys. It's me again... I'm trying to make a program that searches the inputed text for certain keywords to try and figure out what the user responded (Y...
[25 replies] Last: seeplus, I see that now. I was using your idea but was rewriting it w... (by yem)
by jonnin
Helpppppp due tomorrow

deep breath. put it in code tags (<> on the side editor, or the word code in and \code to end tags) explain what it should do. explain what it is doing wron...
[4 replies] Last: seeplus, it's not OP deleting their post. It's a troll. Maybe he'll ge... (by Ganado)
by Daerk
infix postfix pain

I need to create a calculator program that converts an infix expression to a postfix expression using the STL class stack to evaluate the postfix expressions. I...
[3 replies] Last: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunting-yard_algorithm (by salem c)
C++ error: class Property<int> has no member named ‘push_back’

So I have a .dat file below filled with records that I'm trying to read and compute statistics for: 2000 AB Bachelor's 2005 DE Bachelor's 2010 CA Bachelor'...
[4 replies] Last: Hello marystew, I have not finished implementing the Property class... (by Handy Andy)
Using Quicksort With Struct Array

Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 'pivot' is being used without being initialized. how to fix? can someone help me ? void quick_sort(values dizi...
[6 replies] Last: Use the debugger to trace through the code, watching the contents of ... (by seeplus)
by TNBa
None of my Console Out commands work

I'm new to C++ so I don't know much yet, but I know for a fact that something is wrong. I if I type in a Cout command then the moment I build and run the progra...
[3 replies] Last: Hello TNBa, In addition to reading lastchance's link it is best to ... (by Handy Andy)
December 2020 Pages: 1... 67891011
  Archived months: [nov2020] [jan2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.