Beginners - January 2021

by kmce
Anonymous unions

I am reading about Anonymous unions here https://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/other_data_types/ an...
[3 replies] Last: > I will just use the first style the site shows if i ever need to us... (by JLBorges)
by avnue
Need help modifying this code to replace int with Chars

So this is practice code using if statements and such. My teacher now wants me to switch the int out...
[1 reply] : If you showed us the code you were trying to compile that doesn't comp... (by Ganado)
c++ find duplicate strings in vector and print all occurrence of them

So i'm looking for a soultion to print duplicate strings in a vector. If the vector contains {a,b,c,...
[12 replies] Last: Based on this statement: Loop over the given array of strings to buil... (by lastchance)
Question regarding primes in array

Hello all, I am trying to spot all the prime numbers within an array however my code, apart from ...
[6 replies] Last: if you are checking for small values (I see a %10 in there!) you can g... (by jonnin)
about dynamic_cast

When I delete the body content of Class B, errors occur on compilation. I tried to replace "virtual...
[5 replies] Last: > I see a pointer pointing to a base class can also be used to point t... (by ne555)
by telco
Writing a matrix in text file

I am trying to create a new text file and write a matrix value in it using fstream. But i am gettin...
[11 replies] Last: We are (a library is) allowed to create proxy objects and use expressi... (by JLBorges)
Compiling and running your program

I have no idea what I’m doing honestly. Coming from Java, VS code 2019 is new to me. I’ve tried ...
[6 replies] Last: all IDE make a bunch of 'intermediate' files, not just an exe. All co... (by jonnin)
Copy pointer to pointer in function - C (1,2)

Hello, I'd like to copy pointer to pointer in function and I don't want to use the library. But i...
[22 replies] Last: > in that regard, > int insert(char*& str1, char* str2, size_t n) > ... (by JLBorges)
Only accepting 4 inputs from user

Hello guys. I am a beginner in c++. I am trying a coding where user can only enter 4 characters for ...
[3 replies] Last: Hello Mathavan, Consider this for you function: int add_movie() //... (by Handy Andy)
Trouble converting while loops to for and do loop

Hi 2 everyone, I have been working on this for some time now and have been stuck in the same spot. I...
[3 replies] Last: @cpluspython - please don't edit the original post so that future answ... (by seeplus)
by Feit
How to convert string to long int

Hi everyone, I need to declare a vector using string and then convert it to long int. I wrote the f...
[6 replies] Last: @seeplus and @salem, many thanks. Very helpful answers (by Feit)
Read a whole sentence till i find a specific word

hi, i wanne read a sentence that is no more than 100 symbols and when it reads the word stop it ...
[4 replies] Last: Consider: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cstring> ... (by seeplus)
Conditional wait and signal in multi-threading

Hye! I saw this code on geeks for geeks. But I am not able to fully get it. // C program to...
[2 replies] Last: t1: created and starts running foo main: sleeps for 1 second to ensure... (by lost110)
by Ch1156
Correct use of this pointer (1,2)

I was following along with a youtube video on how to do some OOP stuff like inheritance and all that...
[31 replies] Last: Excellent. Another aspect to throw into the melting pot is UML and cla... (by againtry)
Cicle Class Project

Hello, I am hoping someone can tell me why I am getting this error in my code. Code is for an assi...
[3 replies] Last: Doing console input correctly when you want to flag non-numeric and ce... (by Furry Guy)
by kmce
Class inheritance problem

I am creating a small program to practice inheritance etc and I am having a issue that I can not fig...
[2 replies] Last: Oh of course, that was stupid of me. thank you (by kmce)
Won't do the right thing.

Please look through my code. Its to long to post here: https://ashtonfroude.wixsite.com/mysite-3/pos...
[11 replies] Last: If you're going to link code externally, please just use something sim... (by Ganado)
Varied Amount of input data

Currently working on a lab that requires me to make a program that takes any number of non-negative ...
[4 replies] Last: max = input worked, thank you! (by StaveDrider)
Confusing question regarding semaphores and threads

I am not able to understand this dependency diagram because there are no arrows in it! Whether threa...
[1 reply] : I'd say the first place to start is here https://docs.microsoft.com/en... (by markyrocks)
There is a problem reading the file.

I completely enter the file address for the code test. But ''else'' is constantly executed. What cou...
[6 replies] Last: Oh right, cin >> char_array would add the null terminator already. Tha... (by Ganado)
January 2021 Pages: 123... 11
  Archived months: [dec2020] [feb2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.