Beginners - December 2020 (Page 7)

Cmake and linked shared objects

Hello, I would like to ask about cmake and it's lining of shared objects. I compiled and installed 'https://github.com/jocover/jetson-ffmpeg' in my jetson TX2. ...
[1 reply] : > cd "/home/administrator The first thing I would suggest you do is st... (by salem c)
How to deallocate memory for different vector collections

So I have a few vector collections below that are in different files and I'm having trouble figuring out how to deallocate them. I have my attempts below and pu...
[2 replies] Last: to get rid of one at a time: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/vector... (by jonnin)
Need Help Sorting Two Different "txt" Files + Display

I was tasked with writing a program that took two texts, one with full names and another with phone numbers, and organizes the names alphabetically, and display...
[1 reply] : Then post small samples of the text files into a post. Edit: Have y... (by jlb)
Need to figure out how to write this program

I need help writing a program that does this. I am new to this and I do not know how to start this off can someone give me some advice please? An integer is ...
[5 replies] Last: They're a bit thin on the ground! #include <iostream> //const int MA... (by lastchance)
Converting a multiple 8-bit value to an unsigned char*

I am trying to write code for WASAPI that writes audio data to a buffer. Here is the buffer to be written to. unsigned char* pData I know that the data ...
[5 replies] Last: yes, I was typing too fast across the board I suppose. (by jonnin)
Compare two lines of arrays and return the elements that are in the first, but not the second

So i have 2 lines of arrays. First line is M, second line is N. On the first line the user inputs 2 digits, first for the length of M, and second for the length...
[3 replies] Last: All i want is to display what elements of N are not contained in m ... (by seeplus)
compile / runtime / casting

Hello, This may seem like a stupid question but I just want to make sure I understand. I am learning about casting, static cast and dynamic, and the video i am ...
[2 replies] Last: > but the dynamic cast will compile even if what I am casting is not p... (by JLBorges)
Explain linear regression code

This code is supposed to generate predictions using linear regression. Can someone explain what each of the variables are supposed to be because I'm a beginner ...
[1 reply] : throw that away. Its not useful. consider a simpler example: https... (by jonnin)
Question for my code :)

Hello all, I would like to ask a question regarding a coding exercise. I have an exercise where I have to create a program with 10 students in which each stude...
[13 replies] Last: Hello geovoulg, You are welcome. After working with the code I not o... (by Handy Andy)
Saving To File

At the moment I am writing a code to calculate the registration fee of different vehicles by reading from a file to input the information. This, I understand. H...
[1 reply] : Hello kmcfall, It would help if you post what code that you do have. ... (by Handy Andy)
How to make pattern of stars (*)

How to make pattern of stars (*) from this output ***** ** * * * * * * I know it's right triangle but the bottom side is in top side and I don't get the ...
[6 replies] Last: For a right angled triangle, then consider: #include <iostream> #in... (by seeplus)
by kmce
bitwise copy / shallow copy

Is a bitwise copy the same as a shallow copy. I am currently reading about shallow / deep copies which are terms I have never came across before, but the inform...
[4 replies] Last: Take a simple class: struct Example { int* ptr; }; Now, lets play:... (by keskiverto)
by chipp
conversion argv[] to char

i was just trying to make a test program that can accept parameters in main() but there's something weird when i tried to enter a character. so i wanna see th...
[6 replies] Last: You're welcome - glad I could help! (by MikeyBoy)
name variable from its address

Write your question here. l can have address ofvariable a using &a. could l have its name from his address? that is, if l know a variable a has address &a can...
[2 replies] Last: if you are dealing with objects you can self name them. thing somethi... (by jonnin)
by Mif
Help with menu settings "C"

How to set the next view in menu speedSetings()the value that was just entered before? With that, I mean setting the normal speed, next time the settings displ...
[2 replies] Last: Well I think yes.... :D I have to read more about static :| Like I s... (by Mif)
classes

Lads, I've got a question: I am trying to identify the maximum value of an array of objects which was copied from the initial array of objects, writing a meth...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you all for the support, really appreciate your help! (by MaxGreen)
C++ Help

I am getting error codes "Function definition is not allowed here" for very function beginning ath the void hopeChest() line 117 and beyond. What am I doing...
[2 replies] Last: Hello clark1215, What am I doing wrong ?? PLEASE ALWAYS USE C... (by Handy Andy)
by Lyreia
Encryption Program Trouble

Hello! I have been given instructions to write an encrypting and decrypting program that utilizes ONE single function to both encipher and decipher. The inst...
[2 replies] Last: The encrypt function can be simplified: #include <string> #include ... (by seeplus)
copy constructors

Hi, I am trying to figure out how copy constructors work and the code inside it. I think I understand what is happening but was hoping someone could just confir...
[4 replies] Last: There is also rvalue reference , &&. See https://en.cppreference.com/... (by keskiverto)
Crazy Pet Store Program (1,2)

**updated -- see comment below *Ive updated the post to include all missing information Im working on the following problem for my c++ programming class a...
[20 replies] Last: I think that isn't quite right. Basically, you're skipping 4 bowls an... (by seeplus)
December 2020 Pages: 1... 56789... 11
  Archived months: [nov2020] [jan2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.