Beginners - December 2020 (Page 10)

Not getting expected output

I am completely new to C++ but have a background in VB, VBA, VBScript, VB.net. Environment: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Visual Studio Commu...
[3 replies] Last: THANKS JLB!!! Your solution worked for me. (by InsaneAI)
by AL88
How do I make the srand code run infinitely the stop with getch?

A guy helped me with termios.h and getch on linuxquestions to do this and I was very impressed, now what I want to find out is how do I make the random number c...
[3 replies] Last: See https://linux.die.net/man/3/termios (by seeplus)
Dynamic Array conversion

For this assignment I need to rewrite the following program and use a dynamic array of 10 components of type int to store the number of cars sold by each salesp...
[2 replies] Last: You actually don't need to use an array or dynamic memory for this. Al... (by seeplus)
How to use an arguement in a function?

I have to write a code that takes two numbers and makes them into a range, then reads another number from input and if that number is defined within the range, ...
[7 replies] Last: I finally understood! It was such a simple solution yet I couldn't man... (by irene 127)
What is the Windows version of cron?

A Google search turned up software that performs the same functions as cron, but nothing built into Windows. I'm running Windows XP Professional, but advice ...
[2 replies] Last: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows... (by salem c)
statistics and average rainfall data

Hi everyone I need help with the use of the Enumerated Data Type • Using the Enumerated Data Type, shown below as an example, I need to make a program ...
[8 replies] Last: Here's what I mean. This is a simplistic translation of the sample pro... (by dhayden)
for a C++ newbie formulas calculations

Hi, I'm very new to C++ and need to calculate something. Can someone help me do: t=2.22-6/(1+x0^2+y0^2); x(1,1)=6+mu*(x0*cos(t)-y0*sin(t)); y(1,1)=mu*(x0*si...
[3 replies] Last: std is matlab (this is why I asked) for standard deviation. I am no... (by jonnin)
Opened csv and added functions, but unsure how to incorporate them into the code (1,2,3)

Hello, I had some users on here help w me with some things on here, if you're reading this and helped already or are planning to, thank you very much. I got...
[53 replies] Last: Duplicate question: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/274564/ ... (by MikeyBoy)
Unknown errors while trying to use a show function for a class

Can someone help please this is due in 6 hours lol, i tried a new show function since maybe that was the problem, now i'm getting these 4 errors. Lines 9-14 ....
[3 replies] Last: Already asked in http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/274438/3/ Pl... (by MikeyBoy)
Online shopping market- Car dealership

Guys, there's a problem with showing the value of the float. also, I have to repeat the code if needed then I can't finish the code it always repeated. I hope ...
[3 replies] Last: Consider: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iterator>... (by seeplus)
what codes can I use?

what code can I use to replace an EMPTY array when an input or string is entered? 'everytime I will enter a string "EMPTY" should be replaced with the string e...
[7 replies] Last: I got it fixed, thank you all. (by seghrein2300)
dp table

I want to create a DP table Dp table should look like this https://dlmf.nist.gov/26.9#E1 Please help sudo code goes like this f(n,k): if(n==k) re...
[2 replies] Last: If you insist on doing it by memoisation it would look something like ... (by lastchance)
candidate function not viable:

I have the following code that when I run I get an error saying candidate function not viable: requires 2 arguments, but 0 were provided. I don't understand w...
[3 replies] Last: @salem c Thanks very much, it works well now. (by lumtotzin)
2D array through shared memory

Hello guys! Is there a way to allocate a 2D array through shared memory? I usually set it up like this: struct foo{ char mat ; }; Then ...
[3 replies] Last: > My question is: Can i allocate and manage a shared memory without go... (by salem c)
why do multiple conditions in the if statement evaluate to false?

I feel like I'm forgetting the basics here, but I can't seem to catch why the statement isn't printing. All 5 conditionals should evaluate to true and the && op...
[3 replies] Last: Also, you can simplify your line 10 to just if (h && !a && !d && !f ... (by Ganado)
Calculating total pay to employee from hours worked and pay rate.

Thank you for all the help yesterday, i took the advice and made an array and my program works with reading all the files which is good. The issue i cant move p...
[5 replies] Last: Your hourlypay.txt is lacking values for L28, L10, L39 and L15 ... (by longberns)
Linked list deleting nodes

I have created a queue using a linked list as well as a recursive function that is supposed to search for a specific name in one of the nodes of the list. The ...
[2 replies] Last: Actual display when search is called Yes, this is bcause of line 11. ... (by coder777)
If-else within switch cases being ignored?

Hi everyone! I'm having a problem using switch with a nested if-else statement. When I run the program, the output corresponds to just the first line of the cas...
[7 replies] Last: its very easy to scramble your logic operators for anyone. I do it an... (by jonnin)
by jw209
How to make an overloaded [] operator that you can read but also write to?

Hello, I am making a vector class. I am confused how to make an overlaoded operator that I can also write to. Currently, this is my operators... string ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by jw209)
write, save and read .dat files (1,2)

I need help writing, saving and then reading data from a .dat file. The code below let the code I am able to edit but not to save, read the data. Al...
[22 replies] Last: Changes above (have to separate due to post size limitations): 1) Can... (by seeplus)
December 2020 Pages: 1... 891011
  Archived months: [nov2020] [jan2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.