Windows Programming - July 2021

by Mif
Any Help with RegGetValueA function ??

Hello I'm working on a project and I want to use the RegGetValueA function which is suppose to be in the winreg.h , which is included by windows.h . I jus...
[16 replies] Last: FuzzyGuy reached his end of life about 45 years ago - that being the t... (by againtry)
Does Visual C++ have any effect on my machine??

I am opening the control panel of my laptop. I see there are many versions of Visual C++, I am not a computer technician. So Why are there so many versions of V...
[13 replies] Last: DLL Hell can still be a pain, even 'modern' languages/runtimes like C#... (by Ganado)
by Mif
XAudio2Create function fail..

Hello guys.. I'm using XAudio2 library as my sound for the project. And compiles without errors: //Audio ... ... #include <xaudio2.h> #pragma com...
[4 replies] Last: I'm using XAudio2 library as my sound for the project. For your pro... (by malibor)
by hbcpp
SetWinEventHook in a GUI Application - how to exit GetMessage

I have this code from an answer on stackOF HWINEVENTHOOK LHook = 0; void CALLBACK WinEventProc(HWINEVENTHOOK hWinEventHook, DWORD event, HWND hwnd, LONG idOb...
[1 reply] : I am testing this in a gui app where this code would run in a differe... (by malibor)
by Mif
Help ..Can't convert value to a vector "C" API

I'm having this code copied from a stream which is a game in "C" + API, and I get one error like |error: can't convert value to a vector| , and a warning ex...
[2 replies] Last: If I'm not mistaken, __m128i is referring to the total size of the reg... (by Ganado)
control parameter

DLL C++ void GetData(wxListView *listView1) { int iCount = listView1->GetItemCount(); MessageBox(NULL, L"iCount = " + std::to_string(iCount), L"", MB_OK); }...
[3 replies] Last: Also, ListView, as in System.Windows.Forms.ListView, has nothing at al... (by Ganado)
by hbcpp
How to use pointer member method -> error: reference to non-static member function must be called

I have these two functions: void BrowserMonitor::WinEventProc(HWINEVENTHOOK hWinEventHook, DWORD event, HWND hwnd, LONG idObject, LONG idChild, DWORD dwEv...
[4 replies] Last: @mbozzi Thanks for the reply. However I am error in where it is line ... (by hbcpp)
Memory is corrupt

DLL c++ extern "C" { __declspec(dllexport) wstring ReadName(HWND hwnd); } c# to call [DllImport("TestDLL.dll", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cd...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you Ganado ! (by Ba ranh)
by hbcpp
Get the address bar url from a browser

I would like to know how can I get the url from the address bar in a browser, I would like to do it preferably in the most popular browsers like firefox, chrome...
[6 replies] Last: By changing the keyword used in google search I was able to find some ... (by hbcpp)
by pj33
How ot install DCMTK

Hello I am new in c++ but i'm trying to install the DCMMTK library but I'm confussed. Can someone give me a clear set of instructions because I was confused wit...
[1 reply] : The Install document seems to be the information you're looking for: h... (by Ganado)
by pj33
Visual c++/add library path

I am trying to add the <Magick++.h> library by adding another path to the properties aconfiguration adn I am getting an error "includePath": [ ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes I am using Visual Studio Code, but I am new to all this, i have ad... (by pj33)
by pj33
Cmake

I try to install imebra libray using cmake and it tells me that the direcotry doesnt exist. The commands to build imebra are below. Building Imebra ..........
[1 reply] : I think you should: 1. Create a directory for your project 2. md artif... (by kbw)
by Mif
_WriteBarrier not found.. please help

Hello guys.. I am following some programmers on youtube and I'm at a point where he is doing Multithreaded for the game. The problem is that from what he is w...
[6 replies] Last: At least .. just for understand, those crushes are just cause I comme... (by Mif)
by benui
List voice attributes in Windows SAPI

Sorry if this is not the correct forum to ask this question. I am using the Windows Speech API and am able to loop through all installed voices. However I am h...
[no replies]
by volang
Combine OpenSSL with Windows IOCP

I have a problem with combining openssl with windows IOCP. Usually without IOCP you can just call ssl_accept and it will handle the incoming data as soon it'...
[1 reply] : There's more to SSL than handling the physical read/write. Why do you... (by kbw)
  Archived months: [jun2021] [aug2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.