Lounge - February 2013 (Page 4)

Russian meteor shower

Anyone else watched any of the clips of this? Amazing and probably scary as well
[5 replies] Last: Must have been an amazing thing to witness. I mean, think of it thoug... (by Thumper)
Hacking famous games

Is there a way to hack famous multiplayer games like Minecraft? I would be happy if there is a way.
[4 replies] Last: You can't hack minecraft....It's a game. BUT, you can hack servers and... (by greenleaf800073)
SVN Tools (1,2)

What's your choice, if any?
[32 replies] Last: Stewbond, have you ever tried branching/tagging/merging with SVN? Tha... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
presentation in c++

I want to make a presentation, but SDL is too hard and wont run on a machine without it installed. Any ideas to a way to make a presentation with pictures and b...
[6 replies] Last: Just use QT if you can't get your head around the library you can just... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by LB
Gabriel's Horn & Infinite Series via Limits

In my AP Calculus BC class we have just gone through improper integrals. I understand how to get the determinate answer and when it is indeterminate, etc. but c...
[2 replies] Last: Someone else managed to explain it to me in a way I understood. I'll ... (by LB)
Buying a domain (1,2)

I'm about to buy a domain for my website. My (free) host is atspace.com and I can order a domain through them for 16 bucks a year. However, GoDaddy offers this ...
[29 replies] Last: Ya sure you can get one domain registration for 7.4$ at Hioxindia.com... (by pranesh)
Does logic say that there could be a 'thing' that is the opposite of logic and a 'specific' way unlogic works? (1,2)

I was thinking what anti logic was and how it might work, cos logic says that theres a way in which anti-logic works (we know how it doesn't work right?)
[26 replies] Last: It doesn't make sense to call emotion logical or illogical, at least w... (by htirwin)
by BHX
Program Design?

Is there a place that help people like me that have issues with the process of design? As this thread shows ( http://cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/90985/ ) I think...
[9 replies] Last: Yeah, the top-down method sounds like a simple enough method, but I'm ... (by BHX)
How much use of Differential Equations are there in Computer Engineering?

Hey all! Just out of curiousity, how much do differential equations come into play in a job in the field of computer engineering? Asking because I'm fine...
[5 replies] Last: is it still as intensive Actually, game programming is more intens... (by tition)
Am I the only one who thinks this is wasteful?

I am going to rant on about Android's Dalvik Virtual Machine, so be prepared. First off, why bother with it? A process virtual machine developed on top of Lin...
[3 replies] Last: cos you do the same thing one does twice? Theres nothing wasted thoug... (by devonrevenge)
Nerdy Programmer Theme (1,2)

There's a little competition between my friends and I on how computer nerdy we can get our computers. Anyone know a good programmer related windows 7 theme?
[30 replies] Last: My Windows desktop: http://i.imgur.com/x2cWyk7.png I'm too lazy to po... (by chrisname)
by gaby64
Launching a campaign for ProjXverse

ProjXverse is a projects platform. Not just any kind of platform, this is a platform that will provide people with tools to give any kind of project the accel...
[no replies]
std::move - Linear or constant?

First off, I have no idea how move actually happens. Anyways, on our site we have std::move as O(n) complexity. But on some other site (cprogramming? I forget)...
[4 replies] Last: The utility one is essentially a no-op. It just returns an rvalue r... (by cire)
Wil i ever be able to do computer science??

I like programming and i make a lot of text based games. I really want to do computer science in college however i need to get a B in maths. I am extremely bad ...
[3 replies] Last: The most important aspect on maths is not to be able to calculate form... (by closed account D4S8vCM9)
I need a code review for LZW archiver

(I decided to let the other LZW thread die, as it features a broken program.) This is an excruciatingly slow implementation, but it's simple, and it seems to b...
[13 replies] Last: Suggestion: compile under a C++11 compiler. (by LB)
What language was the matrix coded in?

Was it C++? How would the film roll if they used java?
[12 replies] Last: The Matrix was coded in raw machine code, duh! Of course. That's th... (by htirwin)
by NGen
rand() - rand() Likely to be Zero?

This is a weird bit of programming logic that I randomly found in my Artificial Intelligence for Games book: Apparently, the following function: float random...
[4 replies] Last: In a perfect world, this forum would have a Like button. (by NGen)
Do I have the right... (1,2,3,4)

My school has sent out forms for parents to fill out, regarding drug testing. By my parent signing the form they are signing that the school may conduct random ...
[63 replies] Last: [quote=cire]This is one of those absolute statements that sounds suspe... (by chrisname)
do you have any weird traditions? (1,2)

When you are coding do you do something special to help code better....listening to techno helps me a little:P
[21 replies] Last: I have the tradition of reminding people that the source of an argumen... (by chrisname)
by LB
Syntax Highlighting

http://www.linusakesson.net/programming/syntaxhighlighting/index.php I don't agree with the post - I have a very hard time interpreting code unless it has sy...
[4 replies] Last: "It don't work for English, therefore it don't work for code!" While... (by cire)
February 2013 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.