OBSCURE AND OBTRUSIVE TITLE

Pages: 123456... 9
I end up confusing myself with about everything, then again, I didn't look into all of that and just got told by a friend. (Who could be wrong, too.) That link explains it pretty well, indeed.
@firedraco,
English is needlessly complex. But it's also very flexible, hence why so much poetry is written in English.
Well, which language is "just complex enough"?
English actually has a very simple sentence structure. Probably the simplest of all European languages. Its only complexity comes from somewhat of a rather a somewhat disparate evolution of the written and oral forms.

Allow me to illustrate its simplicity by comparing a corner case sentence in Spanish with its equivalent English construction:
"Encaramélemelo."
"en-": to give the property of. E.g. "ensnafu" -> "to make snafucated"
"caramél": root of "caramelo" plus its diacritic specific for this word.
"-le": suffix indicating imperative for the second person singular in a formal manner. Turns the preceding word into an order or request. Note that the two Ls have marged.
"-me": suffix indicating reflection to the first person singular. When combined with imperative, adds "for me" to the semantics, rather than making the verb reflective.
"-lo": it.
Translation: "[You (s) (formal)] Cover it in caramel for me."
All three prefixes have variations for different numbers, genders, formality, and (in the case of "-le") dialect. Also, the stress and thus the spelling can change with the specific conjugation.

But it's also very flexible, hence why so much poetry is written in English.
That's a fallacy.
Last edited on
I guess you're right.
helios wrote:
That's a fallacy.

You're a fallacy.
Oh, yeah? Well, your mom's syllogism is so big, it's both complete and consistent.
// English kinda bothers me personally. Or, maybe not English, but the way the average American(I'm American, fyi) uses it. It's ambiguity is just so damn great getting people to misinterpret and miscommunicate. But yeah, it's definitely "people's" fault, always over-reacting because they don't care about making sure what they just heard is what the other person meant to say. Then, if you try to help them prevent such a thing from happening again, they find it to be "thinking too much" and simply don't care some more. Fuxxin' people, lol. This is why I want to live somewhere where the majority of people care more about intelligence, Japan. I wouldn't say I'm against Democracy, but a Democracy involves the majority, and I am very disappointed at the "majority" here.
You're in for some major disappointment in Japan. People are stupid there, too.
Your mother is so fat, an algorithm computing her mass causes a stack overflow.

On topic? I wish to troll.
Last edited on
Your mom is so fat, her destructor takes yeeeaaars.
Your mother is so fat, new throws std::bad_alloc if you try to allocate her on the heap
Your mother is so fat, she IS the/a heap.
I love how people seem to think of some country being better than all others. It simply isn't true. Japanese people are not inherently more intelligent than American people. Japan may well have a better education system than America, but that does not mean its people are any more intelligent.
Last edited on
I love how people seem to think of some country being better than all others. It simply isn't true. Japanese people are not inherently more intelligent than American people. Japan may well have a better education system than America, but that does not mean its people are any more intelligent.

Agreed.
Totally.

Also, everyone knows the USA is the greatest country in the world.

USA! USA! USA!
@helios,
Oh yeah? Well your mom's so ugly that even MS Paint thinks it can do better.

@Disch,
RULE, BRITANNIA, BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES...
You are so stupid and irritating that nobody wants to be your friend class.
You are so ugly that you need to write a locale facet to output yourself to a stream
I have no idea how their system for pronouncing foreign words works.

What about their system for looking a word up in the dictionary? Or their system for typing on a keyboard? Do they have keyboards with 10,000 keys?
Encaramélemelo

Is that even a real word?

Would this also be a word too then?
Ensalsalemelo
What about their system for looking a word up in the dictionary? Or their system for typing on a keyboard? Do they have keyboards with 10,000 keys?

If it's at all similar to Japanese, you type out the pronunciation of the word and hit space, which gives you a list of the kanji sets with that pronunciation. I know some Japanese keyboards that have hiragana symbols on them that you can type instead of typing romaji though.
Pages: 123456... 9