-Albatross
Last edited on
#include<iostream.h>
main()
{
cout<<"GTFO World!";
}
Reported.
@chrisname: you forgot to mention you need the complete answer in 5 minutes...
SARCASTIC AND ARROGANT COMMENT PERTAINING TO THE LACK OF A COMPLETE SOLUTION.
CANT HACK METROID
closed account (D80DSL3A)
How about this one?
Yesterday I received a PM with this subject line:
I have no idea what to do hep plzz.

The body of the message contained just the problem statement.

I wondered why I had been chosen so I checked the users profile to see if I had any history of interaction with him. The guy joined yesterday and had made no posts yet.
I am assuming that he sent this PM to numerous members in the hope that someone would respond with a complete solution.

Have you guys/gals gotten many PM's like this?

I did respond, asking him to show his work so far and offering to help with the details.
I also warned him that I am an amateur. I'll be surprised if I hear back!

On the upside, his problem requires input validation - which I know I'm weak on - so I looked into it and learned a few new things! I guess I could thank him for that!
I've never gotten any such PM. I got one requesting assistance with writing malware, but that's a little bit different doing homework (although... who knows?).

-Albatross
I've gotten similar PMs.

I always tell people to post on the forum
ESSAY-LENGTH OVER-ANALYTICAL COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS WITH REALLY ANNOYING UNREADABLE DOUBLE SLASH INDENTATIONS
WITTY AND SARCASTIC PSEUDO-SOLUTION WRITTEN IN BRAINFUCK.
PROMOTION OF SOME LANGUAGE OTHER THAN C++ FOR THE JOB, SAYING THAT THIS PROBLEM CAN BE SOLVED IN ONE LINE IN PYTHON AND THAT OTHER LANGUAGE.

-ALBATROSS
Last edited on
closed account (D80DSL3A)
@Albatross and Disch: Thanks. I think I'll follow Disch's approach if it occurs again.

Also, regarding THAT GUY who frequently bashes C++ and claims the superiority of other languages ( I think one of them starts with an S ), his posts add entertainment value here! Especially in light of the reactions sometimes provoked!

Seriously though, I've found value in his posts because they remind me that I should know more than one programming language.
FLAME WITH A LOT OF QUOTES AND BARELY ANY ARGUMENTS.

And yeah, he is right sometimes, but most of the time I end up ignoring him / slyly making fun of him.
Debugger off!
ASSERTION THAT YOU ALL "NEED" TO "GET A LIFE" WITH THE FURTHER IMPLICATION THAT YOU ARE HOMOSEXUALS.
Haha, Tous sa est hyper rigolo. Continue SVP :)
Pages: 123... 9