Bluettoth forum ?

Pages: 123
Is this a good forum to ask bluetooth code questions ?
I am not looking for
" download driver ... plug it in ...RTFM...

Please simple

yes
no

would be good for start
From the Lounge's stickied thread:

Welcome to the lounge forum in C++.com!

In this forum, users can to talk about topics other than programming.

"code" could be construed as == programming.

That said you can ask, just don't expect a lot of answers or help.
Bluetooth doesn't work properly even when the spec is supposedly followed by professionals :D

Like FurryGuy said, it's fine to ask about questions about how to write a program that interfaces with bluetooth, but I doubt many people here will know about such a specific topic. You'd have better luck just searching for "bluetooth [name of platform] development".
e.g. bluetooth android development
Last edited on
What exactly are you trying to do that would need to be aware of Bluetooth itself? A driver? A normal application wouldn't care how the system talks to a device, the system would just list the device as available.
Thanks for sort-of answering my question. I was really hoping somebody would say YES this is a OK pl;ace to talk abut Bluetooth. I know NOT to ask code questions in lounge.
So I will not elaborate any further.
Have a swell day ....
closed account (z05DSL3A)
anneranch,

Yes, this is an OK place to talk about Bluetooh. It's always worth asking, as there maybe someone here that can point you in the right direction.

I personally haven't done anything with Bluetooth yet but it's on my tinker list...I found an old Palm folding keyboard that I think may be worth converting/adapting to Bluetooth.

Don't let the gatekeepers put you off (generally in life), it’s easier to apologize than to get permission.
Grey Wolf wrote:
it’s easier to apologize than to get permission

Agreed. "Act first, ask questions later," like my dad used to say.
Sounds like a great way to behave like a total dickhead without realizing it, if you ask me. Not everyone who's bothered by your behavior is going to complain. Some will choose to stop associating with you without saying anything, if they can.
agent max wrote:
"Act first, ask questions later,"
not quite the meaning I was going for.

Basically I'm saying don't get too hung up on 'the rules', any forum worth its salt will forgive minor transgressions. If you are worried that you may be 'breaking the rules', voice your concern but ask the question.

_____________________________________________-
Gatekeeper: someone who takes it upon themselves to decide who does or does not have access or rights to a community. Not saying anyone here is a gatekeeper BTW.
Ah, I see. Sorry, I realize now I didn't quite get your meaning. Thanks for clarifying!
@anneranch,
By all means bring on the questions about Bluetooth just as several other commenters have already written.
As many questions as you want all at your sole discretion.
If it has anything to do with an Arduino, even better.
The very worst that can happen is you won't get an answer and that probably means nobody can genuinely help as much as they'd like to.
Sounds like a great way to behave like a total dickhead without realizing it, if you ask me.
What's all that about?
I didn't get it either. I wasn't sure if @helios was talking to me, @Grey Wolf, or @anneranch.
Well @max your list of names is incomplete. The most likely candidate is @helios herself.
The most likely candidate is @helios

I doubt that. One does generally not comment about being a dickhead in reference to oneself.

herself

How would you even know that...?
I doubt that. One does generally not comment about being a dickhead in reference to oneself.
Feel free to doubt @max but general rules are generally only general and in this case a clear and appropriate solution is provided.
How would you even know that...?
Her former boss told me.
a clear and appropriate solution is provided

Sounds like a great way to behave like a dickhead.
Her former boss told me.

Ah. So you aren't just two random people who met on this forum, you actually know each other in person?
agent max wrote:
So you aren't just two random people who met on this forum, you actually know each other in person?
I think they are just two people that butt heads on the forum for whatever reason.

It doesn't take much to find out who helios is if you care enough to look,
Last edited on
Ah. So you aren't just two random people who met on this forum, you actually know each other in person?
againtry doesn't know jack about me. Don't listen to anything he says. Don't encourage him by responding to anything he says.

for whatever reason
It's not for whatever reason. It's because he's a sad little troll and I've gotten tired of his bullshit.
helios, I said 'for whatever reason' because I don't know the reason why you hate each other, just that you do.

Out of interest, who was your "Sounds like a great way to behave like a total dickhead without realizing it, if you ask me." post aimed at?
Pages: 123