Bluettoth forum ?

Pages: 123
@anneranch,

The other fora here would be a good place to ask code questions about Bluetooth. Beginner/General C/C++ questions or platform specific. Windows/*nix.

As I mentioned, though, you might not get a lot of answers or help. Bluetooth is a very specialized bit of programming.
Either one works, I'd say. "It's easier to apologize than to ask for permission" and "act first, ask questions later" are both policies that invite the violation of boundaries. Every asshole I've known didn't know or didn't care they were stepping over the line.
@anybody
Post wherever you want. It doesn’t matter. The important thing is if you have a question then ask.
Who knows how specialized or complex your Bluetooth questions are until you do that?

PS Don’t be put off by @helios. She has a history of picking fights with people for no reason. Even with her former bosses. I don’t hate her but some time ago I decided to own her which I do, just as you can if she’s rude to you again.
I bring her out when I feel like it, shake her out, and then after she crows a bit she then goes back in her box all by herself. She’s still rude but very good at being trained.
She only rarely provides program/technical comment anyway. And most of that is no help.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
helios wrote:
Every asshole I've known didn't know or didn't care they were stepping over the line.
Hello Pot, my name is Kettle.

helios, well at least I know where I stand with you. 🤷‍♂️
againtry wrote:
I bring her out when I feel like it, shake her out, and then after she crows a bit she then goes back in her box all by herself. She’s still rude but very good at being trained.
She only rarely provides program/technical comment anyway. And most of that is no help.

What in the...

Geez. Look, you don't have to be a suck-up to everyone, but you don't have to be a dickhead either. I have gotten excellent advice from @helios on various problems that I've posted here.

And just because he/she doesn't post here very often, that's no reason to be a complete dickhead.

I don’t hate her

I beg to differ. Where I grew up, the people who did this sort of thing were either really angry at someone or they were madly in love. Hmm...

helios wrote:
Every asshole I've known didn't know or didn't care they were stepping over the line.

I'd say @againtry is being the latter. I have no clue why he is picking on you, maybe he had a rough childhood– maybe his dad ran off with a hooker, or his mom drank too much, or he fell in with a gang.
Last edited on
Nah. I'm referring to things one can do, not say. No one here can really do anything to anyone else. Well, aside from deleting your post after getting an answer, which does bother me and which I do think is stepping over a line.
My point being, I don't know enough about you to say whether you're an asshole. I'd have to see how you conduct yourself in person.
Last edited on
@max
Unfortunately for you I am not angry or in love with her.
It’s simple ownership of her. She behaves completely in accordance with the way I have trained her when she exhibits her characteristic sociopathic impeded development.
Her crowing wll stop soon.
You don’t have to make excuses for her but you might be right she could very well be a victim of her familial environment. All we can say from the evidence is it is definitely an environmentally inappropriate social cognition deficiency that she exhibits.

BTW Your sentence beginning “And just ...” is deliciously ambiguous.
against-trying is an asshole & troll to more than just one person here, it is what they do "best."
C'mon FG
Even you in your dotage with a single neuron left can come up with a better response than that.
Have you written your first piece of code yet? We've never seen any in all this time.
It's because he's a sad little troll and I've gotten tired of his bullshit.

Well my dear, doesn't your bragged-about anti-againtry script you were so proud of work any more or you just forgot to turn it on.
Most of your scabby entourage left you once they got a bit of their own back or decided to behave.
You're left with FG - another genius with a 2-word vocabulary.
I have no clue why he is picking on you, maybe he had a rough childhood– maybe his dad ran off with a hooker, or his mom drank too much, or he fell in with a gang.
Another deliciously sentence-subject ambiguity from the trailer where hookers and drinking are top of mind.
To be clear I have no idea what motivates @helios sociopathic behaviour and her former employers and associates embarrassment at the thousands of derogatory and unwarranted attacks she has made any at numerous other contributors here over time.
Last edited on
helios wrote:
Nah. I'm referring to ...
again I'm not sure who that was meant for.

If it was meant for me...
helios wrote:
I don't know enough about you to say whether you're an asshole. I'd have to see how you conduct yourself in person.

While I agree that actions speak loader than words, in a forum like this the only real action you can display is the choice of words you put forward. I always hope the words I use put me in a good light and it disappoints me if they are met with insults (perceived or other wise) from someone who I don't have an issue with (or who I haven't already written off as a troll).

thousands of derogatory and unwarranted attacks she has made at numerous other contributors here over time.

In all my time here on this forum, I have never seen anything like what you are describing. I have also looked back at previous postings before my time, and I have still not seen any evidence for this claim. Perhaps you could provide some?

I don't know why you call @helios's behaviour "sociopathic." It seems to me that you are being much more sociopathic and antagonistic than he is.

By the way, I still stand by my earlier comment about your upbringing. It was obviously lacking a lot of things; namely: being polite, not deliberately antagonizing people, and not being rude to them for no apparent reason.

It’s simple ownership of her. She behaves completely in accordance with the way I have trained her when she exhibits her characteristic sociopathic impeded development.

Where did you pull that from? I highly doubt that you could train anybody to do anything, considering your antagonistic and provocative behaviour. You're probably the type that beats horses/dogs/cats/etc when they don't do exactly what you want.

It's because he's a sad little troll and I've gotten tired of his bullshit.

Me too! And so have a lot of other people on this forum, I'm thinking.

@againtry,
I wish I knew more about psychology– you would make a very interesting case to study. I also wish I could meet you in person, that would be...an experience. You seem to do a lot of preening and pushing people around, but I wonder how you would act in an actual person's company?
It's because agent max posted right before I did. I was speaking to you, Grey Wolf.

in a forum like this the only real action you can display is the choice of words you put forward.
Sorry I didn't make it clear, but I was speaking in general, not specifically in the context of the forum. I realize that it might have caused confusion because I generalized a statement that was probably meant for a specific context. I do agree that they're appropriate policies for interactions here, but I think it's a poor choice of words. IMO a better expression of what I think the idea you two were trying to convey was would have been "don't ask to ask". There's certainly no need to walk on eggshells when you're just asking for information, and from a practical standpoint you're not saving yourself any effort by doing it.
@max
And who asked you, a mere pissant, for your usual drivel?
@againtry,
I would ask the same of you, but I'm not sure what kind of BS you would try to feed me.
@max
Get some spine Max. Your every utterance is one of inadequacy, uncertainty and submission. You don’t have to make excuses.
@max
See, the bully @helios has said she is sorry, albeit with a face-saving excuse of meaning it “in general”, blah, blah
helios, Okay, I'm going to put it down to misunderstanding along with a small dose of social anxiety on my part.
Get some spine Max. Your every utterance is one of inadequacy, uncertainty and submission. You don’t have to make excuses.

See? I knew you'd try spouting-off with some BS.

To start, I have a spine already. It happens to be the one I grew up with. You, on the other hand, obviously have none, indicated by your insistence on insulting and bullying people on the internet, where the worst they could do is insult you back.

And to answer your rhetorical question, nobody asked me. I wanted to defend @helios from your bullying, because I consider myself a nice guy.

inadequacy, uncertainty and submission

Those are highly abstract terms that are generally used by people who are trying to sound important, when they have no idea what they are talking about.

See, the bully @helios has said she is sorry, albeit with a face-saving excuse of meaning it “in general”, blah, blah

Because he's a nice person, unlike *ahem* certain other people.

I doubt you, a mere pissant, even have it in you to apologize for all the BS you've given @helios over the years.
Pages: 123