General C++ Programming - October 2021 (Page 3)

I'm Having Difficulties in Understanding Looping Statement

//Can Someone Explain How For-Loop Statement Work Using the following codes below? //I'm also having difficulties in understanding how loop statement work es...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=oggin]It looks a bit better this way It could look a whole lot... (by George P)
Help writing bash script for my code - Process Context Switching

First I compiled these two codes: First one called cpu.c: // Compute bound process // Does irrelevant calculations in an infinite loop. // Must ctrl-c to...
[2 replies] Last: So what's the problem? Where are you stuck? You seem to have describ... (by kbw)
Help with Operating Systems conceptual questions

Please help me with the following questions, the answers are misleading: 1. The xv6 OS uses a state called RUNABLE. What does this mean? A - The process ...
[3 replies] Last: Copy and Google the questions. (by againtry)
Reading from a file (1,2,3)

So, I need to read from a file and display the text exactly as it is. I was told I need to use getline, to include the white spaces, and also use stringstream >...
[40 replies] Last: As far as I'm aware, files (on modern operating systems) don't need o... (by seeplus)
Clarification on stdin and cin

Hey everyone, So I'm looking for some clarification and to clear up some confusion I have in relation to cin/cout and stdin/stdout. The emphasis will be on Lin...
[11 replies] Last: Hey guys, great information :) I haven't had a chance to fully assimil... (by adam2016)
Instead of 0 and 1, incomprehensible characters are displayed (1,2)

In output (below) in the encode line, I get incomprehensible characters. Although, in theory, the result of the calculation should be 0110 ^ 1111. What is the p...
[28 replies] Last: Whatever. (by The Grey Wolf)
Schedtool help please

Can anyone help me with the following (prompts are 4 parts at the bottom): "The command, schedtool (Links to an external site.), is a utility program to quer...
[1 reply] : Have you tried any of this? Questions 1-3 are just instructions that ... (by kbw)
Employee database lab

I need to save employee.txt file info into 5 separate arrays/vectors: name, title, review1, review2, review3. Schweller Poobah 72 1 79 Wylie Czar 65 68 81 ...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/280455/#msg1212556 (by againtry)
by EmanCS
convert time in timespec

Hi I have a time stored in time1: timespec time1; clock_gettime(CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID, &time1); // convert time to microseconds timeInMicros...
[15 replies] Last: I sleep for 5 seconds, but the second part is 0 When you tell the c... (by mbozzi)
by Cplusc
Dirichlet boundary condition in CG

I need to solve a system of linear equation for finite difference method. Actually the problem is to solve the Poisson equation -(d2u/dx2+d2u/dy2)=f(x,y) in whi...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks (by Cplusc)
internet bandwidth consumption

Hello, I need to develop a c++ app that calculates internet bandwidth consumption. Does anyone have an example? Thanks
[2 replies] Last: several things track this; you may be able to lift the info from somet... (by jonnin)
by Cplusc
Metis for finite element partitioning

I have a finite element mesh and I need to distribute them among processors using metis. I found one code for partitioning a simple graph and it gives me nodes ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, I read. (by Cplusc)
Queue not printing properly

Problem: Introduction You will create a C++ program calculate the time needed when organizing the library bookshelf and find the order of book on the shelf af...
[1 reply] : Problem: Same as the other Topic. https://www.cplusplus.com/forum/gene... (by TheIdeasMan)
c++ fixing queue

So I have this problem: Input file: The first line of input will contain the list of books in queue 1. The second line will contain the list of books in queue ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <sstream> #include <s... (by lastchance)
Is there any reason why you can't use the result of a function to call another function?

It should work just fine. Post some code that shows the problem and the compiler error you get.
[2 replies] Last: Heh, I never click on people's crap. Thanks. (by Duthomhas)
How to check file extension using C++

Hello I am trying to make a program that check any file and get the extension like : *If i have image.png the program well return a that this file has a png e...
[5 replies] Last: "hello.world/filename" http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/34348/#... (by Duthomhas)
If you were emulating a x64 CPU, what features are a must to emulate it properly?

If you were emulating a x64 CPU, what features would you need to program in c++ that are required to emulate it right?
[1 reply] : depends on the scope. to do it properly and without any requirements... (by jonnin)
Need help logic errors (1,2)

I am designing a data structure than can efficiently store and check if total of any three successively added elements is equal to given total. For example Mov...
[30 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will take the choices describe... (by denver2020)
Please help with adding function of ranking every student's score

Hello I just started working with dev c++ and computer languages at all because of my course Now, could you please help with adding a function of ranking ever...
[1 reply] : This is C, not C++. You already have the student information in an ar... (by AbstractionAnon)
by cane
Cubic equations calculator in C++

Hello everyone! I'm trying to write a C++ program that calculates the different x values for a cubic equation. I'm building it based on the Ruffini rule. Howev...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=cane]cout << "Use this calculator to solve polynomial equations... (by lastchance)
October 2021 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [sep2021] [nov2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.