General C++ Programming - October 2021 (Page 5)

by colton
i need help

i think i get the basics it just isn't displaying. can someone help me please. my code runs once then repeats the score every time. I want it to ask me midterm ...
[7 replies] Last: By using functions which probably comes later on you can combine the m... (by againtry)
help with functions (1,2)

There are 6 skills to demonstrate: 1) Use functions. Functions sub-divide programming problems into independent parts. 2) Use function overloading, where seve...
[32 replies] Last: Ohh ok the error makes much more sense now. Thank you so much for all ... (by closed account 9G8M4G1T)
Need help with my loop, input problem

Hi, so I have my program almost complete, it's supposed to draw a hollow box from one number input in a range of 3-50. For some reason when I input a number it ...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, thanks! (by jetm0t0)
by JRManx
C++ Bank Project

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Actually, it was only about 10 years ago, and it was in my basement. I was just getting back into programmi...
[3 replies] Last: I take it present-day you isn't looking for a code review? If you've... (by JRManx)
no_init_all in winnt.h???

I have a C program compiled by Visual Studio 17 successfully. I am converting some parts to C++ as a way of learning C++ -- beginning with using classes instea...
[1 reply] : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61485127/including-windows-h-cause... (by kbw)
How to make few copies of one function

I have made function with static elements inside and when I have 1 initialization of this function in the program evrything works fine. But when I make copi...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, I have solved this problem. I made a mistake - I define class ins... (by alexlmr)
debugging issue on program

Hello I am having a hard time trying to get my program to debug it keeps saying "Unhandled exception thrown: read access violation. **array** was 0x2410112." H...
[5 replies] Last: Using the <random> library with a vector (requires C++20 to work): #i... (by George P)
structs and functions

Hi I am trying to use 2 members of my struct to form the other member but I dont know how to do so. Any help is more then welcomed thanks what the txt looks...
[2 replies] Last: To me it looks like you already had a thread and discussion (which did... (by keskiverto)
How do I cast to an abstract class and call a function on it?

Hi, In my project I have four classes - A,B,C and D. C is an interface that A and B implement, with one pure virtual function. https://speedtest.vet/ In clas...
[1 reply] : There is a type error in the conversion, although it's not possible to... (by mbozzi)
Can someone explain how this code and algorithm works in depth?

Can someone explain how this code and algorithm works in depth? It came from my c++ book that we are using in class, /*---------------------------------------...
[1 reply] : The Siamese method: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_method (by JLBorges)
Improve the partition of a perfect binary tree

If the height of a binary tree is h, and its node count is 2^(h+1)-1, then the binary tree is perfect. For example, a perfect binary tree whose height is 1 has...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks. I found a fast algorithm based on your algorithm. The final... (by Wu zhen hai)
Improve algorithm speed.

Input: T is a positive-number sorted array in ascending order and the numbers are unique, T is a subset of {1,2,3,...,511}. k is a positve number a...
[8 replies] Last: My implementation is almost a violent enumeration. I need a smarter ... (by Wu zhen hai)
{} usage in template specialization/call

I am trying to uderstand beter a teplate code: request.setOpt (CO::Url {string {K.url_base} + "public/" + K.query_url}); Where I can read about this type of...
[5 replies] Last: Another look at uniform initialization, a feature added in C++11: htt... (by George P)
by Kmpck
A question about including headers…..

Hi guys! A question about including headers….. I have been looking all over for information about this and have had no luck. Is it possible to use a ...
[3 replies] Last: you can make a symbolic link back out if need a nasty hack or in-code ... (by jonnin)
October 2021 Pages: 1... 345
  Archived months: [sep2021] [nov2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.