Beginners - May 2021 (Page 8)

Delete Function and Preset Data (1,2)

Hi I have written down this code but I don't get it why when I tried to delete it, it deletes the whole data. Also my another concern is that I cant seem to ...
[21 replies] Last: Hi Andy and seeplus, After fixing my code based on both of your help... (by nomnomu)
Change all 2-byte combinations in a file matching certain criteria

Hey everyone. I'm a beginner programmer learning C++ mainly for video game reverse engineering, as well as for writing tools to assist with game modding. I'm t...
[14 replies] Last: As you are working on unsigned data, it may be easier to read the file... (by seeplus)
Help in debugging simple c++ code

This is a simple trie structure .but everytime i run it i get this error " no member named 'children' in 'Trie' ". But clearly children is defined in Trie .I...
[1 reply] : > But clearly children is defined in Trie It's a local variable inside... (by salem c)
c++ help

so this is what is given to do : A video game company has 5 different branches around the world. Design a vidGamesSales class that keeps sales data for a br...
[5 replies] Last: I can't figure out how to put the input validation (by Evelynmkm27)
Why does this code not work?

Hello everyone, I am an absolute noob in C++ and just started learning it a few hours ago. I am just wondering, why it won't let me enter the favorite color wh...
[8 replies] Last: All bets are off with on-line compilers - especially one that hasn't b... (by seeplus)
by sarvcr
Convert STRING into INT

Hi! I need to create a program for an assignment that, between it's capacities, has to take an string and convert it into an int. Example: If I recieve: ...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=seeplus]{} isn't needed for a class with a default constructor.... (by JRManx)
problem understanding the heap memory

i recently started learning about the new and the delete keywords. from what i understand you use the new to create a variable on the heap memory and de...
[3 replies] Last: One more thing: const auto pint {new int}; for ( int i = 0; i < 10; +... (by keskiverto)
Help Please Homework

Write your question here. hello I am BEGINNER and need some help with my code, it's not giving the right out put. it should show a sub total and total after t...
[3 replies] Last: There is no need to use arrays - or a switch. Simply: #include<iost... (by seeplus)
How to scramble a word using rand

I'm trying to randomly scramble a word as part of an assignment I'm doing for my final exam. I just don't know if there's a certain function which involves rand...
[2 replies] Last: Hello domweng, I have been going over your code and even if you use ... (by Handy Andy)
Question about Project

So I'm having a bit of trouble with an assignment. Firstly, I'm trying to create a while loop that will contain a for loop that iterates for at most 50 times or...
[4 replies] Last: Hello luckylukebrooks, As I read your directions: Develop a program... (by Handy Andy)
Error messages

I'm a new beginner. Why are these error messages showing up? I need some assistance with this. Warning: Undefined variable $totalNumber in C:\xampp\htdocs\Cl...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your help and assistance with this. (by juhason93)
by DTOK
Probably a destructor error when running operator= override

Hi, I am new to CPP and I am trying to create a matrix class while using template and some operators overload. I wrote an operator= override function and w...
[7 replies] Last: No. Your operator=() still has issues. If you do it this way - as oppo... (by seeplus)
Dynamic Arrays

I am having trouble with this problem, I get an error "Invalid address specified to RtlValidateHeap", although the program works as intended it just shows that ...
[4 replies] Last: Why not: list -> contactName Name of class, "Stack", hints that th... (by keskiverto)
by Zetrox
Please help, I have to send it today to teacher

Task=Define class Point (with member variables x and y indicating the coordinate values) Define two Constructors of Point. Point(); and Point(double, double); ...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; class Poi... (by againtry)
how to connect, extract data and send email?

Hello, I need to know how I can make a console program that: -be able to connect to a web, -extract a specific data, -treat that data and send an email ...
[4 replies] Last: I also take note. thank you coder777 (by espcplusplus)
Troubles with makefile

Hello, I am having trouble modifying the makefile listed below to also delete any files that start with the phrase: Sorted_ Any help is appreciated. Thank...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, that would work. (by salem c)
map...need a tweak to this code

I had a previous post about 5 weeks ago with a problem and the problem was solved perfectly!! Here is the link to that post https://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beg...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Keskiverto!!! Works perfectly! The rewrite with other synta... (by Brian845)
by DXuX
Problem with the code

I have to get number of digits divided by 4 but I get just 0. What is wrong? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a; int b = ...
[6 replies] Last: It finally works. Thanks a lot! (by DXuX)
sdl library error loading text function

Write your question here. //loads text into sdl texture SDL_Texture * sdlJeu::create_text_texture (const char *text ,TTF_Font *Fontsdl, SDL_Color textColor...
[2 replies] Last: Difficult to say. Are you calling it from the main thread? Is the TTF... (by helios)
please help me i have to send this to my C++ prof today

Write your question here. Task#1: Practice the concept of Void Functions by showing the output of the following C++ Programs including the function Modify to ...
[4 replies] Last: thank you ANDY i know that the first is pass by value and the second ... (by mick777)
May 2021 Pages: 1... 678910
  Archived months: [apr2021] [jun2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.