Beginners - April 2022 (Page 2)

Constructors and Inheritance Problem

Hi, I'm trying to create a Saving Account derived from a Base Account using only setters and getters. I'm replicating what I have in the Base Account because I ...
[8 replies] Last: My generic response on using code tags: Please learn to use cod... (by George P)
not displaying anything

the code compiles but does not show data from the file. I will appreciate any help. ******************************* here is contents of file that it needs to ...
[2 replies] Last: There are various issues. The for loops are using size for an array in... (by seeplus)
why am i getting a massive number

Well title says it all, everytime i execute this program i get a MASSIVE number (like 4.95066e-324) , i dont know where im going wrong. please take a look at my...
[8 replies] Last: @keskiverto - I took your words to mean that double newamount; is a de... (by seeplus)
by vboro
Instead of adat** head?

Hi! I have a working linked list code so far, but I am curious if I can use Node* head or something like that in the parameters instead of Node** head. My tasks...
[3 replies] Last: The void insert(Padat& root, double num) is same as void insert(ada... (by keskiverto)
Pointer arrays on heap

Thanks for everyone's help in the past and an advanced thanks. I just have one QUESTION and some ANALYSIS to make sure I understand this entirely. 1) ANAL...
[6 replies] Last: @mbozzi Yea, I saw that too. I think he implied that the pointer point... (by CodeChaser)
C++ while loop question

Hi, I'm trying to get this program to loop until ether c or C is input but it isn't working? Any advice would be appreciated loops have always confused me for s...
[3 replies] Last: I think what you are trying to do is restrict the input char options t... (by SubZeroWins)
Linker Error but don't know where the problem is

Hello everyone, I have a small C++ project in Visual Studio 2019, but I am getting a linker error in connection with my Mesh.cpp class. I don't really know ...
[3 replies] Last: Your answers helped me getting my code to actually work now, thank you... (by KitKat96)
Display the percentage of numbers above average

Im having trouble displaying what percentage of numbers are above-average. Very new to this, any help is appreciated. #include <iostream> #include <ioman...
[7 replies] Last: @ vasncode : Please explain how/if these differ (without creating a ne... (by keskiverto)
by Pen72
Counting nums

I was thinking to convert A~E in string into corresponding numbers then do the calculations, while the code shows wrong answer. You have an arithmetic expres...
[12 replies] Last: Sorry. Typing error. L40 c - should be c +. I only tested with lc let... (by seeplus)
not sure how make -1 the exit key for my loop?

Im trying to make -1 the exit key for the user but it stores -1 into the array. Ive tried making the entire thing a while or do-while loop, nope. Still cannot ...
[4 replies] Last: The size_t is just an another integer type: https://en.cppreference.co... (by keskiverto)
Disregard

Im having trouble displaying what percentage of numbers are above-average. Very new to this, any help is appreciated. #include <iostream> #include <iom...
[6 replies] Last: yikes okay noted (by vasncode)
Programming Parallel Computers

You need to write a function that takes as input a bitmap image and the coordinates of a rectangle, and it has to calculate the average color of all pixels insi...
[3 replies] Last: Nothing in that assignment talks about "parallel computers" ... (by keskiverto)
Pointer noob needs help

So we had a lecture on pointers... WOW a lot of things I dont understand. Here is the instructions for one of my programs. Write a program that will prom...
[5 replies] Last: thanks for the info! (by BigNibs)
by Pen72
Puzzle problem

Got confused in what sort of algorithms should I implement here? Given a R*C rectangular grid maze where each cell is either empty or a wall. You can go from...
[5 replies] Last: Method is essentially that of @dhayden (except that I don't bother to... (by lastchance)
sieve of eratosthenes runtime error...

Hi. I recently just learned the sieve of eratosthenes to generate prime numbers, but evrytime i want to run the code, the program just exits before i even input...
[7 replies] Last: there are a bunch of primality tests you can look up -- these don't us... (by jonnin)
Engineering Mechanics: Statics, Coding Project Using Single Force Systems.

Hello all. I was assigned a project that requires me to write a code that solves a mechanical engineering problem. The problem asks you determine a single fo...
[8 replies] Last: Hello, Thank you so much for your help. I see now what I was doing wr... (by allisonOs)
Text files.

Hi guys, hope you are learning every day. Need your knowledge. I have this program and I managed to open it and read results but I don't know how to save the...
[3 replies] Last: #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <u... (by seeplus)
OutStream problem

This is actually a followup to my last post So I have this list of titles, dates, times, and durations and I managed to get all them to to output in an order...
[14 replies] Last: Where would I place the outstream so the instream processes before th... (by seeplus)
by Pen72
Subtree problem

Got any idea how to solve this problem? Given a tree with n vertices v1,v2,...vn which is rooted at v1 . Each vertex has an integer on it. For all subtre...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks for the clear explanation. Also,yes it was overflow causing the... (by Pen72)
How to divide the elements of the principal diagonal of a matrix with the elements of the array that are outside

I dont have idea how to divide the lements and I dont find any tutorial about it. the instructions are 2. Write a program that reads the order for a two-dimen...
[1 reply] : Loop through the rows On each row: store the diagonal elemen... (by lastchance)
April 2022 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [mar2022] [may2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.