Beginners - April 2021 (Page 2)

Test Question gone wrong

Hello, I am new here and have a question. I just took a c++ test and disagree with one of the true/false questions. The exact question is: The floor(x) function...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies everyone, he hasn't responded to my e-mail yet.... (by farmsmaqs)
C/C++ hackerrank question

Hello, I am using hackerrank to get better at solving problems, but for some reason it is teaching C stuff in among the c++ stuff. I know C works with C++ and t...
[3 replies] Last: This may help: https://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/scanf/?kw=sc... (by JRManx)
by NMI21
search function fstream

Hi guys, as you can see in the code section I wrote a program which searchs a word in a file and then gives out the line in which the word was found. The user i...
[5 replies] Last: So the program searches for a word in the text. all lines with the wo... (by seeplus)
by hitasa
Need a lil advice from more experienced ones

Hi, Im trying to write a program that reads from text file how many times each "patient" occurs in a text file. Example: P1 D1 M1 P1 D2 M1 P2 D3 M2 M3 ...
[5 replies] Last: Is this something like what you want: #include <string> #include <m... (by seeplus)
How would I identify the stack and heap in int main?

Wondering how I can identify memory within c++ program, code is here: https://pastebin.com/S2KMYcKV
[6 replies] Last: For MS VS, the small buffer is 15 bytes. #include <string> #include... (by seeplus)
Compiler cannot find iostream

As a complete beginner I have been trying to "get into" C programming. While following a tutorial the following code failed to compile. Compiler reported it did...
[6 replies] Last: Good day, I did post here again, but it seems to have disappeared. I... (by johnOk9)
Filtering Words using ifstream/ofstream

I'm a little confused with an assignment that i've been given. I am wanting to show the count of each individual word in the text1.txt file. The banned.txt f...
[14 replies] Last: As case insensitive: #include <string> #include <iostream> #include... (by seeplus)
complete the code plz

can anyone plz complete this code, its for ma exams, thank u #include <iostream> using namespace std; class midq1 { float x; float y; public: ...
[2 replies] Last: Based upon expected output and incorrect given code, perhaps: #incl... (by seeplus)
Writing a Rock-Paper-Scissors game using different functions.

[C++] Hi! I'm very new at programming and I need your help with my homework. I've had a hard time correcting mistakes but whatever I changed, it just seems to g...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you all for the tips! The code's working now by the way! (after ... (by gfriend owemji)
deleted

Do not cross-post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/277697/
[5 replies] Last: The OP removed the content of the original posts (making them pointles... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by zavkk
Delete data from a file

Hello, im making an schedule and im saving the data in a .dat file. All the data are contacts wrote from an struct and i want to delete a contact from the file ...
[1 reply] : What kind of file is it? A text file? Very rigid binary file? In gene... (by Ganado)
by NMI21
Read out what somebody wrote in cmd! (1,2)

Hi, i want to code a program which i start over the cmd. For example if i type in the cmd "file.exe -b example hello" .Ialready added the debugging arguments....
[20 replies] Last: Disclaimer: I've never used <filesystem> You don't need to for this ... (by Ganado)
Count how many times a banned word has occured from a text file

I have been having issues trying to get a map, vector etc to work in order to print out how many times one of the banned words has occured in the text file. ...
[5 replies] Last: //Step 2 //Do a comparison between the words from "search1.txt" and ... (by lastchance)
by zavkk
Main function type

Why do we write int main instead of char main or bool main?
[4 replies] Last: If the program is used within something like a batch/script file, then... (by seeplus)
How to fix the errors with my class functions

My class functions have been giving me errors and I am not sure how to fix it. I'm wondering how to get them to work properly with my main function so my code c...
[17 replies] Last: Based upon previous code, perhaps something like this. Obviously there... (by seeplus)
Correct approach for non-blocking user input

Hi I have an application where I need an object to be updated by user input without blocking another function which reads that object at any given time. I thin...
[1 reply] : when you reach cin >> num; line, the current thread execution will s... (by ne555)
Having issues with generic Insertion Sort implementation

Hello guys, i hope you are all good! If you have time for me, I'm implementing a generic library using Insertion Sort: #include <stdlib.h> #include <errno....
[10 replies] Last: I think the point is to make InsertionSort() generic so it will work... (by dhayden)
Stroustrup - Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ - std_lib_facilities.h Works With IDE but Not gcc

I seem to be the perennial newbie here, but I have set myself the goal of working through this book. Using CodeLite, if I place the header file created by Strou...
[9 replies] Last: I'm not saying the header is bad , per se; I'm saying to use it with ... (by JRManx)
Little help understanding function

just wanted to a function to print my dice rolls. But for some reason, it dosen't print anything. #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> usin...
[2 replies] Last: Modified to use modern C++ for generating random numbers and container... (by George P)
Trying additional moves in the Knight's Tour problem

Hey! I am teaching myself how to program from the Deitel 10th edition "How to Program" text, and I'm currently working on a brute force solution approach to the...
[7 replies] Last: move = (move + 1) % N; // keeps move in range [0, N - 1] I haven... (by doug4)
April 2021 Pages: 1234... 12
  Archived months: [mar2021] [may2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.