Windows Programming - May 2021

How to convert number to char c++ win32

I want to convert the number 65 to the letter A I tried : char s = 65 but still output 65
[5 replies] Last: Thanks seeplus my problem is solved (by Ba ranh)
by zakoun
Need to press enter for my console C++ code to continue executing on windows cmd

I have written a c++ code that sends logs to the console using cout. the issue is that i have sometimes to press enter so my code can continue executing and dis...
[2 replies] Last: i updated the question with code (by zakoun)
Creating a windows with WS_POPUP style

I'm implementing a simple program displaying an image on the screen using `GDI+` `WinAPI`. Here is the code I have so far: #include <windows.h> ...
[no replies]
Hook the printf outputs

I want to get the printf outputs of a foreign C++ dll in my C# application. Is there a way to install a hook? The foreign c++ dll is encapsulated via my own ...
[2 replies] Last: can you reassign stdout to another stream and use it? I forget the de... (by jonnin)
by radi8
Memory Access Violation using CRegKey

I have an application that is pretty old that I am tasked to update to run on new hardware. I am using Visual Studio 2019 to accomplish this. I have a really b...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much. It is rather hard to not use this language for year... (by radi8)
by helios
Shared memory and permissions

Would it be possible for a creation of shared memory to fail because the process has insufficient permissions? Also, is it possible to create a shared memory...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. It seems like it would add more complexity than I'd like, thou... (by helios)
GDI+ Layered Window Render Problem

(I am new on this website so I hope "Windows Programming" is the correct forum for GDI+.) I am using GDI+ to render an image to a layered window. It's suppose...
[1 reply] : Implementing a double-buffering setup with GDI+ might be what you are ... (by George P)
pointer to callback function

Hello everyone, I'm trying to use the EnumWindowStations function from the WinUser.h library but I can't pass it the pointer to the callback function I created....
[2 replies] Last: it works like a charm! thank you! (by ilgiova)
by togtja
MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION access violation

I am working on a program that can search through memory of another process for a byte array. Now I have succesfully done this, but I wanted to multithread it. ...
[4 replies] Last: Damn. How'd I miss that? You could also populate the queue before sta... (by helios)
by parian
MessageBox and int to string

Up front - 1st post and preview doesn't seem to work, and hope code tags do, Hope this is not too basic a question, but how does Windows communicate an integ...
[6 replies] Last: Furry Guy - Thanks for all the good info! The Learn C++ looks good... (by parian)
  Archived months: [apr2021] [jun2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.