Windows Programming - April 2021

I’m looking to build a Booking system. Will my stack be enough?

I’m looking to build a Booking system for my portfolio, where (a) Users can create accounts and login (b) Book out equipment for an inventory and (c) See thei...
[2 replies] Last: I would recommend Reddit's r/programming forum https://www.reddit.com/... (by JRManx)
How to hide specific folder / file using explorer.exe hook

Hey, Im trying to hook specific explorer.exe function to hide specific folder / files. I digged little bit and found that I want to hook to NtQueryDirectoryFile...
[2 replies] Last: if you just want to hide from screen share you are working way, way to... (by jonnin)
by cmisip
Windows Forms C++ Questions

Tried to create a Windows Forms App in C++ and just have a few questions. 1. Is there another way to run a loop besides using timer_tick? struct SimCo...
[1 reply] : This is a lonely post. There must not be a lot of Windows Forms Coder... (by cmisip)
From within a program, can you stop a completely outside program and later "restart" it

Hello, Do you have complete example code that demonstrates in someway to stop an external program using only it's PID and name or something, and later restart ...
[1 reply] : Try DebugActiveProcess https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win3... (by mbozzi)
by sm9
Alternative to kill() function on Windows, for sending signals to other processes

On POSIX systems, C (or C++) has the kill() function defined in <signal.h>. The function is called as: int kill(pid_t pid, int sig); This sends the si...
[13 replies] Last: The idea behind the loop was that you could do units of work before or... (by mbozzi)
The SDK 'Microsoft.NET.SDK' specified could not be found

I have just set up VS 2019, and installed Desktop Development with C++ with the VS Installer. I also checked all Installation Details, and I installed it. When...
[2 replies] Last: It sounds like your project is trying to use .NET Core for whatever re... (by Ganado)
PlaySound not playing sound

I'm trying to use PlaySound to play back a WAV audio file. I can hear the audio when I reference the WAV file directly but can't hear anything when I try to pla...
[2 replies] Last: Fixed: changed from wide char to char and cast buffer to LPCTSTR: S... (by urisvirott)
From many versions of same program.exe name how to determine it's arguments (1,2,3)

Hello In a Visual Studio 11 C++ program, I have the name of a program such as n49.exe. There "might" be several of these programs running. They have different ...
[58 replies] Last: Oops! Thank you for pointing that out! *scratches head* I know I re... (by JRManx)
visual studio 2019 linker error

i am writing a visual studio console application for a school assignment and i'm having trouble separating the class declarations and their member function defi...
[2 replies] Last: Yep. I tried putting template functions in a separate file and got a ... (by JRManx)
C++ program of class date according to the rule of calendar

//i have an issue with the code i want to run it according to the rules of calendar mean to say if i enter month=2 year =2020 and day=30 it change day 30 to def...
[1 reply] : Consider: #include <iostream> using namespace std; class date { pu... (by seeplus)
  Archived months: [mar2021] [may2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.