Lounge - May 2023

Forum problem

Sometimes when I try to access this site I get the error: Internal error #xp20 (xp#20). Trying again after a couple of minutes usually succeeds. Anyone...
[2 replies] Last: I have been getting that error message quite often recently. Usually i... (by Peter87)
Processors and other machines.

Hi guys, the title is probably open to interpretation, I couldn't think of a more apt title that was more descriptive and constrained to 4 words, but I digress...
[7 replies] Last: But I fail to see how a processor that carries out such primitive ope... (by kbw)
Interesting minor changes in Visual Studio 2022 V17.6

The VS Installer/Launcher has an "Available" tab for quite some time, I have the Community Edition, to show the paid Professional and Enterprise Editions can be...
[no replies]
UI layout is certainly the most difficult area of UI design

As some of you might already know I'm writing a UI library, for personal esteem of course, nothing official or public yet. It will be Windows only library and ...
[8 replies] Last: coder777, Thank you for pseudo code, looks interesting and it took me ... (by malibor)
MS Visual Studio

MS VS 17.6 is the last version that will install under Windows 7. VS 17.7 and later (currently pre-release) will require at least Windows 10 v1909. https://l...
[1 reply] : Windows 7 is end-of-life since January 14, 2020. Since you don't want... (by kigar64551)
How much would this program cost?

I need to make program, which will calculate all permutations of all foods in grams, and output how much of all foods to eat so I reach near perfect RDA on all...
[6 replies] Last: It already exists: Google. You might do your study, blood tests, what ... (by newbieg)
by Ganado
[Firefox] Site still requires legacy addition to log in

Just an attempt to make sure this is on the admin's radar. I still have to switch to the legacy version to log into the site. At least, on Mozilla Firefox. Seem...
[9 replies] Last: Re: spammers.... I just stomped on one in the Beginners section, thou... (by George P)
by Ch1156
Can anyone recommend any Javascript books/sites?

I am learning javascript so i can program a game engine i found thats really cool. The syntax is pretty easy and since I already know C++ the concepts are easyt...
[2 replies] Last: Douglas Crockford's books might be of interest? JavaScript: The Good... (by andywestken)
How fast are you supposed to write code? (1,2)

This is a question for those who are working as programmers or retired coders. While at work, how many lines per minute on average are you supposed to write ...
[24 replies] Last: I don't wish to make it public. Not a problem. I understand your wi... (by Geckoo)
Parsing .exe files

If you're interested in the contents of what constitutes an .exe file (apart from the actual code...) then have a look at this article https://www.codeproject....
[4 replies] Last: Another no longer being updated, or no longer free, is UPX Easy GUI. ... (by George P)
  Archived months: [apr2023] [jun2023]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.