Can user Hison be disabled...

Pages: 12
Can this user be banned by someone - please! These posts are becoming beyond a joke...
Last edited on
On it.

furious typing noises

Done.

You should use Helios' script for removing posts by users you don't wanna see.
Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't mean this site isn't being trashed by spambots. But maybe it's the best we can do if the admin doesn't feel like communicating with us.
For the average user coming in for help, ignoring a random bot probably isn't a big deal. For regular contributors it's annoying and everywhere.

Would be nice to give site access to regular contributors that are trustworthy. It's ridiculously easy to implement spam removal. There are several online resources you can just implement.

Hell, something 100% better than what we have now would be the ability to have multiple people able to report the same post - and if two or more reputable people report it's gone. If three or more report a profile - it's gone.
Another git that should be removed.
https://cplusplus.com/user/Bursalywhite/
I don't know why part of me even cares, but note that posting URLs that link to spam can negatively affect the ranking of this site in search engines.
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/guidelines/link-schemes
To not contribute to the graph of spam links, you could purposefully break the hyperlink to the user (e.g. add a space or a formatting option).
Last edited on
Spam detection, especially for the lazy kind of spammers we get here, is so dead easy. It's such a waste that anyone has to manually deal with it.
Maybe we should bulk contact the admin about the spammers via the "Spotted an error? contact us" link at the bottom of every page.
@zapshe, currently if a low count poster who hasn't been around for very long 2 reports and the spammer's ability to post is frozen.

Hison has been around long enough that protection is now not operable.
Hison has been around long enough that protection is now not operable.

Yes, that would be something to change. Someone with a low post count (under 200?) should be able to get banned if enough people report his profile. A feature we don't currently have.

Still tho, a very poor alternative to proper spam management.
I've sent an "admin issue" report via the contact us, mentioning the three problem users.
What's needed are some trusted active forum moderators who have the ability to amend/delete any post and time suspend/disable/enable any user - as happens with other forums where you have trusted mods.
Last edited on
What's needed are some trusted active forum moderators

Whenever I'm given power, my first thought is to immediately betray.

Anyone else?

ok...
Grateful thanks to the administrator for taking action on the named three spammers.
'Tis nice to know and see the admin does read notes passed to him. :)
Thank you, twicker :)
Grateful thanks to the administrator for taking action on the named three spammers.

Seconded! :)
Last edited on
lastchance wrote:

Yeah, for all the benign "neglect" we get from twicker, he shows he is still interested in keeping things running free from problem children. When he's informed. This isn't the first time messaging him about spammers he took action.
That was hilarious. Spammer replied to this thread saying let's squash the spammers together.

If we had the logs of the IP addresses and other computer-specific data, would we find that most of these spammers are actually just a few of the same people? 🤔
Pages: 12