General programmer age?

Pages: 12
I am doing somewhat of a statistic, because I am curious how many people code at what age. Obviously I am not going to ask for your age because you might want to keep that one to yourself. Instead I am going to ask something else. Are you less than 20? If not, did you start to code before you were 20? Thank you for the responses.
> Are you less than 20?

No.

> did you start to code before you were 20?

Yes.
I did start to code at age 10 and I suggest you start early
Are you less than 20?

No.

did you start to code before you were 20?

No.

Have a good day.
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
No, yes.
No. Yes.
No, yes.
No. Yes. :)
im 25. i started coding in highschool, around age 14-15 with http, moved up to vb, dabbled in c++ a bit, but never got hard in c++ untill college around age 20-21 when i took 2 c++ programming courses. now im out of school and working as a factory grunt, but i love coding so i basically look for any excuse to code on the pretense of 'this program will make my life easier'. i.e.- created a program yesterday to calculate item purchasing ratios for runescape (yeah, i know, runescape *eye roll*).
No. Yes.

To be slightly more specific:

I'm old enough that I can barely even remember being 20 :)

I started programming with ZX BASIC, around age 12 or 13.
No. Yes.
First computing experience was with a ZX Spectrum, about 15 or 16, until my mother banned me from using the family television as a terminal. Next stint was writing Fortran code on an IBM mainframe as a summer student. I'm a very late comer to C++.

As far as computing is concerned, entirely self-taught and it probably shows.
Last edited on
No.
No, but started at 20.
No.
No.

I started coding at about 13 on programmable calculators and continue coding today at age 54.
No, no, although I did have one programming class featuring Fortran IV in middle school using the school districts mainframe. PC's were not yet a thing, with the exception of models like the Altair 8800, the Apple I was still on the drawing board.
Yes and Yes . I tried to learn several years ago, but I had no patience.
no, yes ^_^ and...
for(auto const& friend : myFriends)
{
	if(friend.isCoder())
	{
		std::cout << "no, yes" << std::endl;
	}
}

:oD~
I am 14 been coding for 3 years now, but... .. What on EARTH is ZXBasic?
ZX BASIC was the flavour of BASIC that was used on the Sinclair home computers of the 80's - the ZX80, ZX81 and ZX Spectrum. The Spectrum was my first home computer, and was the first thing I ever programmed on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum
Last edited on
And now I'm getting all nostalgic! That ZX_spectrum was beautiful (and affordable) ... those rubber keys!

And how on earth did we ever program in 48K of RAM?
Pages: 12