General C++ Programming - November 2016 (Page 6)

by dkaip
start up application

Hello. I am in a middle of a program, that start at beginning from Mint start-up applications. To place at start up done by hand. I am looking for a way inst...
[1 reply] : In place "I am looking for a way installer puts program at start-up ap... (by dkaip)
Order Menu

How do I display everything that user ordered, at the end?? #include <iostream> using namespace std; void menuOptions(string menu ) { for (int i=0; i...
[6 replies] Last: Those are just environment variables for your system. No need to worry... (by mosei168m)
Strange Program Output

I can't seem to find out what's got my program output going crazy. Any ideas? Assignment and Code: /* 14. Drink Machine Simulator Create a class that simu...
[1 reply] : I think the problem is the price for each drink never gets set. I had ... (by mosei168m)
launch gdb from crashed app, to investigate causes

My current implementation allow launch debug by gdb in case of SIGSEGV & SIGFPE, but stack-overlow not. Code: http://pastebin.com/hawLdnJf . Demonstration...
[no replies]
How to read the nth number from a string of numbers?

How do i read the nth number in a string of n numbers separated by whitespace like the following. 112857 2498 4417878 1854672 417483 472422 37028136...
[3 replies] Last: Modified ECMAScript is the default (the one used if no syntax option i... (by JLBorges)
unicode support

Hi i am trying to do one keyboard for arabic but i can't . Normally the result is like: key: 83 "?" "S" "?" s So for some reason unicode doesnt work....
[2 replies] Last: I'm trying to do with hooks because it's more easy for me to understan... (by omarespanol)
Checking not a number value

Hi I have a variable X, this variable sometimes returns not a number (nan). I want to check this variable if it is not number (nan) or a number. Also, I want...
[2 replies] Last: (cross-posted and answered here) http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginn... (by wildblue)
Passing pointer structure to function?

struct Three { string name; int num; int num2; }; const int SIZE = 10000; Three Array ; void swap(int *Array, int, int); int main() { ifstream file("...
[4 replies] Last: Ah ok that makes much more sense thank you! (by Kygo576)
Tic Tac Toe Program - Odd Initialization Behavior

Hello, all! This is my first post here, so please excuse me if I've made any flubs. I've written a Tic Tac Toe program for a class assignment--it's been submitt...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you SO much! It works perfectly now, and this has been bugging m... (by closed account ivbjNwbp)
by pdarji
how to solve this?

this is new solved and complete program . #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cstdlib> #include <windows.h> using namespace std; cons...
[5 replies] Last: Got it.... Thanks for your help.... I got it working..... (by pdarji)
How to use Virtual functions?

I am unfamiliar with using virtual functions and was wondering how I would implement them correctly. I have a class called 'car' and an abstract class called 'C...
[2 replies] Last: @AbstractionAnon: how'd you explain public inheritance of Car from Car... (by gunnerfunner)
Passing by reference using pointers

I am trying to load in an array of values into a memory location. I am new to C++ and currently have this code in the main: main file int program = {1007, 100...
[3 replies] Last: Do you know how to call a function? http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutor... (by AbstractionAnon)
by younes
Asking about typedef

Hello I would like to know what is the meaning of the following expression : typedef bool (*compareShapes)(const Shape* s1, const Shape* s2); Shape is ...
[2 replies] Last: A general rule of thumb I find useful is to read C++ declarations like... (by gunnerfunner)
Creating Hangman Game

So i'm trying to create a hangman game using C++ to get to understand the language better however i cannot figure out how i'm supposed to make my array print ou...
[2 replies] Last: Search the beginners forum for hangman. There are many sample hangman... (by AbstractionAnon)
Erase from vector without using remove. Is it correct?

I've been told I should use remove-erase to remove multiple occurrences of an element within a vector. However, I prefer doing this: auto i = vect.begin(); w...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the enlightening :) (by anarelle)
Text formatting (1,2)

Hi guys, I am looking how to format the width of a txt and control the text line to line ( this txt i am gonna read it from the computer ) thx
[22 replies] Last: thx a lot ^^ i will ask again if i have a problem (by cmajor1)
C/C++/C# programming for interfacing USB to PIC microcontroller

I am a computer sciences student looking to do some PIC microcontroller programming for some small home projects . I am fluent in C/C++/C#/Java and i also have ...
[no replies]
Request for member which is of non-class type 'char'.

class docnur { char name ; int age; char gender ; unsigned long long phoneno; int exp; char dept ; float salary; char ...
[5 replies] Last: Ohhh Alright Now I see where I was going wrong!!!! Thanks a lot @wild... (by Anne693)
itoa() woes

I have been trying to tweak this program to get rid of the itoa() function. I am having a little trouble properly implementing a to_string() or a snprint() repl...
[14 replies] Last: Your function is not having problem probably you are doing some mistak... (by mogha)
string program

How would I write a short program using a string object which lets the user type in as much text as s/he wants, then prints out ONLY THE LETTERS from the stri...
[4 replies] Last: you can assign your input string to variable of std::string type and t... (by mogha)
November 2016 Pages: 1... 45678... 23
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.