General C++ Programming - May 2015 (Page 12)

by dilver
I don't know how to pause the screen 2 (1,2)

I read this http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/18/ none of the so called solutions in the link work . I have windows and I would like to pause the sc...
[28 replies] Last: "dilver, you can also compile it as release" What do you mean? (by dilver)
pointers

I dont understand about pointers and how to code in pointers?
[4 replies] Last: I would help us if you explained to us exactly what you don't understa... (by novelloff)
Linked list error

hey guys, I'm working on my project and I'm getting an error when trying to compile my code. http://pastebin.com/tgLLwyTp 1>Project 4.obj : error LNK2019: unr...
[4 replies] Last: You can compile programs with default constructors that are declared b... (by Mathhead200)
by MrKong
What is wrong with the char?

This is a simple program to write to a file, it gets input from the cin command. how can i make the char variable hold a full sentence? ------------------------...
[2 replies] Last: i need to use it because I read that it can hold more info, such as a ... (by MrKong)
Why not c with classes?

I'm sure many of you have already read the title and want to punch me for asking this but, what's wrong with the "c with classes" style of c++? I'm mainly a c p...
[8 replies] Last: Remember you don't have to include ALL of the STL. when you do somethi... (by mutexe)
by djimb
COPY A LINES IN BINARY FILE

Dear All, I would like to use a code to extract some lines in binary file and send the result to a ini file. when I try with this code and use a simple wo...
[no replies]
by MrKong
infinite division problem

The purpose of this code is to add 1 + 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 ..... but the output is always 1 instead of going 1 , 1.5 , 1.75 ...... i know that the math is ri...
[6 replies] Last: yeah, you can't use 8 byte to store that much information, I'm sorry. (by Gamer2015)
Variadic templates, safe to take address of rvalue or trick the compiler?

I have a question on dealing with rvalues, say I have this class, template<typename T, typename... Args> class foo { public: template<typename U> ...
[2 replies] Last: The actual class is much more complicated. It uses a variadic templat... (by armstrhu)
Reading a binary file without knowing type of data stored inside

Hi all, hope this title was descriptive enough. I'm a bit new to binary files so if I'm not explaining things properly please let me know. Basically, I have a ...
[5 replies] Last: The software that writes the data from the equipment to the binary fi... (by dhayden)
by AmitH
Binary file - eof() stops too early

Hi, I use a binary file in my program: ifstream trieFile; trieFile.open("doc3.trie", ios::binary); Then I send it to a function using the following command:...
[11 replies] Last: Since the program reads block by block I was going to mention this a... (by dhayden)
Should I use -Wconversion?

I have always been using GCC but from what I have seen on this forum and elsewhere it seems like VC++ is complaining much more about implicit conversions that c...
[1 reply] : Well, I use -Wconversion (and -Wsign-conversion.) But then I normally... (by andywestken)
Final Help! C++ Class.

I have a final that's due today but I have no clue what to do. The assignment is in this pdf. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94570864/CSC.pdf Any help w...
[9 replies] Last: I know, I think so too. But in many years of "forum attendance" (if th... (by minomic)
Some questions about final review

1. which of the following is a valid function call? void tryout(int, char, int&, float&); //function prototype int a=4, b=0;//variable declarations float y; ...
[6 replies] Last: The reasoning is that * and + are operators that return constants. a*... (by andywestken)
c++ related project

Hello ! So, i am going to be honest and tell you from the start that i don't have strong knowledge of c++, but i have a project that needs a little bit of c+...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! i will give it a try as soon as i get home and i'll come wi... (by misharo)
How to see if a Derived object and Base object are the same?

Hi, I'm looping through objects of the same Base class, and each object in this container is comparing itself against all other objects, but I want it to avoid ...
[8 replies] Last: Hi, Do you remember what section you read that in? There are chapt... (by TheIdeasMan)
New Operator

i dont know what is stack and heap in programming is about ,anyone can help to explain to me about that?
[1 reply] : Well trodden question. No point in anyone here explaining it to you. ... (by Thinias)
by Ozzy69
How take a element of the top of stack and put in a vector?

Hi, i don't getting take a element of stack and put in a vector. For example: #include <iostream> #include <stack> #include <vector> using namespace std...
[1 reply] : You have a few problems with the first loop. Problem 1: You are remo... (by Peter87)
while loops

How do I trun these for loops in to while loops? for(i=2;i<=n;i++) { k=0; for(j=1;j<=i;j++) if(i%j==0) k++; if(k==2) cout << ", " << i; }
[1 reply] : Generic for loop: for (int i = 0; i < max; i++) { //do some stu... (by pnoid)
2 dim array? project help

Have one Term describing category/theme you picked. This is the FACE term… Menu: Start Options • New Game Option • Exit Game Option Level of Play –...
[1 reply] : You forgot <string>. That's all I can help with. #include <iostream>... (by Momothegreat)
May 2015 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 22
  Archived months: [apr2015] [jun2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.