General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 9)

by manp
I/O Text file handling and dynamic memory allocation

Hi, I am working on an OOP assignment (text handler) which part of its description is: Some lines of text as a story which the delimiter between each story is...
[15 replies] Last: I'm glad that solved the problem. Maybe re read the chapter on classes... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
IupScrollbox

Trying and failing to get response from developer/s so now I come here. int meListCB( Ihandle *ih, int button, int pressed, int x, int y, char* status ) Try...
[no replies]
c++ algorythm for value bet

Hello all guys...I want to ask some help about how to make the value bet algorytm on c++...http://cdn.stoiximaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/eksisosi-exp...
[2 replies] Last: xmmm :/ i think that my real prob is that i dont understand the value ... (by millerose)
Replacing strings in a vector

Alright I hav a program that readings from a txt file but is there a way to replace some of the words that get loaded into the vector so for example if the txt ...
[1 reply] : const std::string origin = "bird"; const std::string newword = "book"... (by MiiNiPaa)
Payroll Calculation Error?

I'm working on a payroll program and I'm having problems that are causing calculation errors. _________________________________________________________________...
[14 replies] Last: ha thanks I've been fooling around with this for awhile now and I adde... (by Moonshine2183)
Help with this car reviwer - CLASS

This is a exam of 2nd of Telecomunications Engeniering, I've done the exam of another year, but I can't find the solution to te following two mistakes: 1st) ...
[8 replies] Last: Your welcome :) (by Codermik)
Confused Strings!

So I have a program that is supposed to allow you to kill any window by using the "kill" command in Cygwin (the environment that I use). Yes, it is C, not C++. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! That appeared to work. (by Pi Lord)
Switch statement wont break out

Is there a reason this portion of my switch statement wont break ? case 'P' : case 'p' : while ( input != 'r' || input != 'R' ...
[9 replies] Last: Right, I fixed the new node issue, but I guess I'm still confused on h... (by Joshua Schweigert)
Reverse words in a sentence

I am trying to write a program in which i enter sentences and then gives the reversed output Eg: - INPUT ...
[7 replies] Last: @Cody0023 On a side note, that is accessing out of bounds on the vecto... (by TwilightSpectre)
Problem with string conversion

Hi, I have this code that wil hash the return value of harddrive serial number but I'm having some problem. DWORD serialNumber = { 0 }; std::string buffer...
[3 replies] Last: std::to_string is created to convert values to string (by MiiNiPaa)
How to optimize setting such data

#define setCount(x) .count = x #define setWord(x) .word = new (const char * ) #define setFunc(x) .func = new (void (* )()) void Reader::initSprites() { ...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you! qac (by Krogoth)
Connection handover

Hello, I am trying to achieve the following, but have no clue as to how. Please help. The compiler is mingw32, OS is Win 8.1. Fig 1 - Internet -> ISP -> Swit...
[no replies]
Whats wrong with these lines in my program?

I have a copple of lines in this code that aren't compiling because they give errors. I got help from some guy on the internet and he told me I had to make my c...
[4 replies] Last: For line 65: remove line 21 The rest: see above (by coder777)
Invoke enum class from header file to cpp file

Good evening ladies and gentlement. I have been working a project in C++. I have TTTMain.cpp file that has all the function calls, TTTFuntions.cpp that has a...
[3 replies] Last: I think you have to specify the array size explicitly because it's a m... (by Peter87)
Player not changing: Player vs CPU tic tac toe

Hey, this program is a game where you try to beat CPU at a Tic Tac Toe game. Everything is compiling, but there seems to be a problem because the turn never goe...
[18 replies] Last: TheGentlmen wrote: i would point out many flaws but the codes to ug... (by Codermik)
prerequisiets of SFML

i am a novice c++ Programmer and would like to learn Sfml . what are the things i should know in c++ before i start to learn sfml! Plz guide
[2 replies] Last: i havent yet read it (its with a collection of other pdfs that i need ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
How to Create a Type Validation Function?

So I am writing an assignment to Detect prime numbers and it works by Asking for how many values you are going to enter, and then saying "Enter value 1: " then...
[1 reply] : You might take a gander at http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/108... (by cire)
Game not working with 1 more thing in struct?

I'm making a shooter game and decided I needed another thing in the Bullet struct, so I added it, and all of the sudden the game doesn't work anymore. Even if I...
[5 replies] Last: Okay... I changed nothing with it, but for some reason it decided it w... (by Bingocat4)
by gudeh
Problem reading odd characters from a file

Hey there, I have some files for input that look like this: Carlitos, Gauleses , Terra das Vagabundas, SN., 350, 12, 5.83 EMPIRE STATE, Gauleses , EMPIRE STA...
[13 replies] Last: line 63 and 68 will crash if 'hoje.txt' does not contain any commas (... (by gudeh)
mutable vector

What is a mutable vector and for what is it used? I attach a part of a code where it appears: void Phase::getConcentrations(doublereal* const c) const { ...
[3 replies] Last: I'm guessing c is an output parameter. (by Lachlan Easton)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 7891011... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.