General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 8)

expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token

Hi, I have a lot of trobble with this peace of code, what did I do wrong? The function is ment to write an array of 100 structures to a file called" data.txt" ...
[9 replies] Last: int safe(double begin, double end){ Why you did that? It was an exam... (by MiiNiPaa)
Wierd behavior when running this code

hello, I have recently been working on a game where two players battle by guessing a number. But with not a lot of succes. In my first testrun I choose easy mo...
[5 replies] Last: Pay more attention to the details. That something compiles does not ... (by coder777)
How to put values of an array in numerical order

hey im trying to make a statistics program and i have an array holding all the users numbers. The array has 10 elements and i was wondering how i could put thes...
[18 replies] Last: Oh so the values of i and j are just the indexes and not the actual us... (by nicodasiko)
by huike
A simple bug that defies logic(solved)

I've been working on implementing a string library just for the fun of it, and I've come across the most insane bug... I have it narrowed down to this piece of ...
[2 replies] Last: First rule of floating point numbers: do not use them unless really ne... (by MiiNiPaa)
what is the maximum range of integer array for initialization??

i have tried like that int arr to initialize but it crashed my programm.but if i do int arr it works fine..why is that and what is the maximum range of intege...
[5 replies] Last: > is simply int is posible?? Use std::vector<int> arr(1000000) ; h... (by JLBorges)
File handling in C ++....

How to search form insensitive to case sensitive? I'm trying to emulate the behavior of the function "grep" in Unix. Novice programming Note: I do not spe...
[3 replies] Last: The begin() and end() member functions of std::string yield iter... (by JLBorges)
Detecting that a program was created using Qt?

See this program: http://sourceforge.net/p/isitqt which is for both Linux and Windows, it can identify if a program is Qt based, and also which version of Qt...
[16 replies] Last: It is not a performance issue, but about erroneous code. In line 3, yo... (by ne555)
Explicit Linking of DLL

Hi all, I am working on Explicit Linking of a DLL to an executable. Theoretically, I really understand what it means. But, when it comes to application, I ha...
[8 replies] Last: @Avilius: Regarding to my 2nd question, I've already checked the artic... (by ChuckTheCode)
Image blending modes (Porter-Duff)

I am in the process of writing a function that will blend two images using different blending modes. I have so far managed to implement overwrite (where i simpl...
[2 replies] Last: I had already read this article ... but i re-read it just now; turns o... (by crexalbo)
Initializing/Filling container with sample of another

I have a vector that I want to use to source another vector, something like copy_if, but without the need to allocate space first: bool is_odd( const int x )...
[5 replies] Last: The nicest solution I can think of is really boost.range from that Sta... (by Cubbi)
Help Please :(

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math.h> void mat_vec(double* a, double* x, double* y, int n) { int i,j; for(i=0;i<n;i++){...
[1 reply] : 1 - Use code blocks when you post code. (The icon that look like '<>' ... (by Yay295)
icremetning / counting objects in a linked list of the same name.

Main #include <iostream> #include "item.h" #include "inventory.h" #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wwrite-str...
[5 replies] Last: What are your compiler errors? (by Cody0023)
use TBB scalable allocator and stl allocator together

Hello there. I have a matrix class who use the stl vector to manage its memory(UInt is typedef of size_t): class Mtrx { protected: UInt row; ...
[1 reply] : Make class templated and add allocator as template parameter with defa... (by MiiNiPaa)
Errors when trying to debug the code (SFML)

Hello! I'm currently just trying C++ with SFML, and yeah So I've installe SFML 2.0 for Visual C++ 2010 Express 64 bit, and I get an error while trying to run ...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know what to tell you... you must not be linking properly, bec... (by Disch)
ERROR help

#include <iostream> using namespace std; struct cadastronotas{ int main () { char n ; int op,i; float media; struct cadastranotas notas ;...
[1 reply] : Please do not post the same problem multiple times. http://www.cplusp... (by AbstractionAnon)
help c + + code

hello I have to return with struct and registration follows the code in c + + with error MENU - (Show on Screen) 1 - Read vector data (record of grade...
[3 replies] Last: The main function and return from main are going to be outside of any ... (by wildblue)
Plz Correct it for me and Comment where correction was required.

Write your question here. Its Doubly Linked List ,i have wriiten the code for insertion at head and trailer ,but when i created object in main ,i got lots...
[4 replies] Last: Line 54: Your destructor is a declaration, not an implementation. i.... (by AbstractionAnon)
Some help

Hellolo! I need help with some stuff in C++, wich I do not understand OR don't know how to make. So, I'm very new to C++ and I know the basics of python, not v...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/functions/ (by MiiNiPaa)
The Handshake Program

In this program im counting the number of handshakes between certain number of people such that each person shakes hands with the other person only once. The f...
[1 reply] : If you enter 1 and 50, consider what happens on line 13. You allocate... (by cire)
Good books to start learning?

Well basically I wanna learn to code C++ so I'm just wondering, which books are good to start learning c++ from the scratch? I know it's not done by over ni...
[3 replies] Last: If anyone reading this is living in Germany, here's the book I'm readi... (by GaiusBaltar)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 678910... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.