General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 48)

filing

hey guys ! i have been given an assignment as pasted below : You will be given two files. Grid.txt will contain a grid of letters (as shown below) j q v r...
[2 replies] Last: is there any other way to do it ? (by waqas94)
Class definition inside function body

Hello. Is this standard-compliant code? int f() { class C { public: int mf() const {return 1;} }; C c; return c.mf();...
[1 reply] : Yes. (by Peter87)
Function in a Class Template

I have this class templates And This UML. I have to write this function + operator=(source: Array<ElemType, SIZE>): Array<ElemType, SIZE> but I do not...
[4 replies] Last: @Stewbond: You need to observe const-correctness. (by ne555)
Question to C++ professionals

Hey guys Please help me taking a decision. I live in Bangalore, India. I just completed my Btech( Computer engineering ) and now searching for job. I am goo...
[no replies]
class **urgent~help me solve it pls

1. If classA includes a private variable n , a protected variable m , and a public variable k , and classB is derived from classA , which of these...
[1 reply] : 1) http://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/115-inheritance-and-access-spe... (by MiiNiPaa)
SFML Code::Blocks setup? (MAC)

Hello! I have been trying to setup SFML with Code::Blocks on OS X 10.8 Mountian Lion. I have a 64-bit MacBook Pro and have been using the right library! Though ...
[5 replies] Last: http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/ It's pretty hard to find. As ... (by cire)
Debug multithreaded Application

How can we debug the multithreaded application in unix environment?
[1 reply] : This question is too broad. (by ausairman)
<random> not working?

I've been trying to use the <random> header, as shown in the reference page here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/random/ This is the code in question: ...
[2 replies] Last: I apologize, I should have mentioned that in my original post. It did... (by NeckDeepInSyntaxErrors)
Compliers

I want to know what compilers are the most suitable for c++ Turbo C can't support for all versions of window-7. Please advise me what compiler I should use ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a lot (by chitminthu)
Singleton design pattern

Which option would be chosen to create only one object of a class a) Singleton pattern ( make the constructor private and static method as public ) OR b) wit...
[1 reply] : I use singletons a lot. For instance, I may write programs where I o... (by MrHutch)
by cppct
Mutex in critical Section

if any exception occurs in critical section code then what sort of issue which we see in terms of synchronization objects? Before and after the critical sectio...
[5 replies] Last: Many thanks to explain with example. But as I asked earlier in meanti... (by cppct)
by bombom
Need help PLEASE!!

I got stuck with random cootie, count the number of roll taken, allow the game to play over. #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cstdlib> #include...
[no replies]
linked list: problem in deleting a node

If p is a pointer pointing a node to be deleted, then what's wrong in the following code: cout << "Do you want to delete this record? (y/n) "; if ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Rehan FASTian)
Help needed.

we have files suppose three or may be more and in each we have CONVERTED_STATS = 7/different numbers in different files .now we have to generate an output fil...
[3 replies] Last: Well if you haven't tried anything already I'd suggest creating a func... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Differences between compilers

This function will compile and operate perfectly with VS2010 and VS2008, but give an error with GNU GCC/g++ compiler: #include <vector> #include <iterator> #in...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, yeah. Visual studio didn't have stdint.h until VS2010. Although, y... (by Thumper)
Overloading [] with container or pointers

I have a class: class Foo { private: MyType* things ; }; While I would like to overload the operator for the use as this: Foo myFoo; myFoo = myFoo ; ...
[1 reply] : return a reference: class Foo { private: MyType things ; publi... (by Disch)
pipe() read() and write()

I can't seem to get my pipe to work. It tells me invalid file descriptor when I use perror() to output an error. I can't seem to get it to work What I'm trying...
[no replies]
finalists

Program: You have four identical prizes to give away and a pool of 25 finalists. The finalists are assigned numbers from 1 to 25. Write a program to randomly se...
[1 reply] : Every time you call rand() you get a different number. So this chec... (by Disch)
Program freezing on loop

Hey everyone. I've ran into a problem. I'm working on a trainer for a game, actually once I figure out this loop problem it'll be finished, and when I use a loo...
[no replies]
Quick comparison of two files.

Hi all. Please advise the fastest way to compare files byte by byte. File size varies from 1 byte to 2 gb Here is my current code: //BUFFER_SIZE = 1 mb ...
[7 replies] Last: 1. Pre-compute and store a checksum (say MD5) for each large file fil... (by seftoner)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 464748495051
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.