General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 46)

Template of sending text

Hi, I am writing some code to send text to a third part software. Basically each sending looks like this: p << "set terminal eps\n"; p << "set output '0...
[3 replies] Last: Oh, I have some problem about how to make the last line: p.send(TOex... (by dekeenfrance)
I need help

Hello everyone This programme is supposed to calculate and display the appropriate number of seconds but it doesn't //Define the unknown? #include <iostr...
[13 replies] Last: @NGabi - you should create your own thread to ask about your own assig... (by ajh32)
Errors in class

Right I don't know why these errors are occuring at all so I'm just gonna post code and errors and hope someone can help me? class Object{ public: //cla...
[16 replies] Last: Oh of course! The macros! Well that's great... Now I'm getting lots an... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Memory Allocations and Task Manager

I have a program that allocates memory in excess of 800MB. The allocation succeeds, but according to Task Manager, my program is only allocating ~300KB. Her...
[no replies]
by Dizzy
Lost with this exercise...

I have no idea if I'm on the right track or not, anyone that can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Link to assignment http://www.scribd.com/doc/128408790/Ex...
[3 replies] Last: Some of the errors I am getting are from the code which was supplied b... (by Dizzy)
Help with C++ opening and reading file

I've included the code I have written but I am stuck. I created a text file but I'm not sure where to save it to have it open when I input the name. Also, I nee...
[no replies]
by Dizzy
Help with " [Linker error] undefined reference to `complx::complx(double, double)' "

Getting this error, don't know how to fix it. Below are the 3 files I included in the project. // Complx.cpp #include "complx.h" complx::~complx() { complx c...
[5 replies] Last: Line 7 of complx.cpp out_file<<number.real<<" i"<<number.imag<<endl; ... (by MiiNiPaa)
One-dimensional array output problem.

This is a class assignment from the book "C++ How to Program 8/E" by Deitel. Problem 7.15 Use a one-dimensional array to solve the following problem. Read in...
[5 replies] Last: That did the trick. Thanks. Now if I can just stop overthinking the ... (by TheKingLear)
by rian
Generic programming

Hi All, I have a C++ program that connects to a database and retrieves some information. One of my function looks something like this. Please note this is a...
[7 replies] Last: Yes, if they hold different data, you shouldn't treat them the same. I... (by LB)
Authentication passward

Hi, i am creating a project and i want to take passward from the user but the problem is that when the user fill the passward in alphanumeric datatype it will s...
[3 replies] Last: Well the control you are using as a password field, would have an attr... (by ajh32)
by eapwf9
Remove Specific Elements of a 2d Array

So I am currently working on a program that will remove elements from an array. Suppose I had a 3x3 Array 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and chose the element 5 a...
[6 replies] Last: So, basically it's replace a cell value with a zero. Althought it's a... (by eapwf9)
Reading complete sentences from a file.

I need to extract full sentences from a file and the save them in a set. I tried getline to get a full line and then removed the characters after the period. Th...
[8 replies] Last: thank you! (by abhishekm71)
by huhwha
Code isnt working for some reason

gg
[9 replies] Last: Hrmmm I think its either my sort arrays or display arrays. Stupid ExE ... (by huhwha)
Help on loading files

So I'm hoping anyone can give an example on how to load .wav files. Say there are several .wav files in a folder called "sounds" in wherever the code is saved i...
[2 replies] Last: i have no any Idea.... :( (by Raymondhem)
by high
how these functions work??

i have this function in my program, but i have problem to understand some of its content, this is a code: void RabinIDA::split(TCHAR* fileIn) { TCHAR t...
[1 reply] : how about taking a look at the definition of these? or if you cant fig... (by Darkmaster)
by dahin
Is there any Library (Eigen/Boost) to calculate Principle Component Analysis(PCA)?

I have a text file which consists of 907 objects and 1000 feature vector for each object. Is there any Library (Eigen/Boost) to calculate Principle Component An...
[1 reply] : cant recommend one. but if you search this in google, there are some l... (by Darkmaster)
Solution

Task: Write a menu driven program with the menu options: 1. Insert a. Insert at End b. Insert at Index c. Back 2. Edit 3. Delete 4. Search 5. Print a. Print at...
[10 replies] Last: i agree with those comments except that one (Here it is, in invisible... (by Fransje)
problem in using STL classes.

hey i find a lot of problem in using STL classs in c++ .like how to use vectors, map ,list ...
[1 reply] : http://cplusplus.com/reference/stl/ See the above link for examples a... (by Catfish3)
Quicker way to configure project properties for a library?

I'm using a library called Allegro that's going quite well for me. The problem is, I have to edit 4-5 lines in the debug, and then 5 lines in release for each ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a ton! Exactly what I was needing. (by Keith Wilcox)
Printf and scanf

hello, how can i write a value on the console and not typing on it and scanf take it to my variable? Here is what i have now (not working): type...
[1 reply] : So you need your code to display 2013 and put 2013 to test.variable? (by MiiNiPaa)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 4445464748... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.