General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 49)

by shakib
no instance of constructor matches the argument list

while writing a code for Blackjack game in the function which makes a standard deck i am getting this message "no instance of constructor matches the argument l...
[7 replies] Last: here is my Card.cpp #include "Card.h" Card::Card() { Rank=Ace; Su... (by shakib)
What does the data type 'Unsinged' and 'Signed' ?

Hello! I was following a tutorial on YouTube from a guy called 'Thenewboston'. I finished his tutorials about a week ago and thought I knew all I needed to know...
[6 replies] Last: Ok thanks! =) (by CppCoder101)
get sentence

Hello every one =) can any one there help me .... please and explan how can i use get sentence ??? like : #include <stdio.h> void main(){ char x ; v...
[3 replies] Last: thank all =) =) (by Salam rabaya)
by geran6
Help splitting string without STL

I have two functions below, one that renders a string at the give X,Y coordinate and one that attempts to plot the coordinates of each word in a string so that ...
[no replies]
by Faint
A problem with 'y'

Hello everyone, I want to write a program to prompt the user to enter a multi-dimensional array of characters after specifying the element he wants to use an...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry for the late reply. I've solved the problem (I don't really know... (by Faint)
Question regarding Arrays in classes

Could someone please tell me how to solve this because i was not able to get the idea of using arrays in classes Here is the Question : The PVR Cinemas mana...
[6 replies] Last: But, when I run diamond() it prints perfectly except for that array. p... (by points2008)
A class function that uses an instance of its child class as argument

I am facing a real-life problem, it can be simplified as below: #include <iostream> using namespace std; class B; class A { public: void f1(A a...
[11 replies] Last: You're welcome! (by MikeyBoy)
.DAT File

Hello, I did something screwed up with my computer, and now when I create a .dat file through my program,, it is associated with notepad and my program is conc...
[no replies]
setting array to int

lets say i have an array with the values 1, 5, 9, and 3. is there anyway to make this so i can have an int with the value 1593 based on those numbers in the arr...
[8 replies] Last: ok thank you (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Don't know what's the error. Reply fast!

In 83rd line message says: "Illegal Structure operation". But I didn't use any structures! What's the problem? And how to correct it? Please reply fast! Its ...
[6 replies] Last: int power(int,int); //your prototype float power(float c, float d) //... (by ne555)
by cppct
Thread Implementation

I want to create two threads which will be calling even and odd functions where even function should print even number and odd function should print odd number....
[6 replies] Last: also needs -pthread with gcc (or you could use boost if you don't ha... (by majidkamali1370)
Add double quotes into string

Hi, Can anyone point me to add double quotes into string.I want to prepare command into following way with string. awk 'BEGIN {printf "x\n%10s\t%10s\n", "V...
[9 replies] Last: Thx a lot for reply . it works for me. (by agoswami)
making is so the user can only type numbers

How can i make it where the user can only type numbers if they enter any symbol or letter the program goes awol please help asap using code blocks for a compile...
[4 replies] Last: i have been messing with it for awhile i have had to teach my self eve... (by tyrousey)
Problem passing classes by reference

I have recently moved from java to c++, so I'm not quite experienced with the use of pointers. I'm trying to translate a few of my old programs, and I have this...
[5 replies] Last: *arma.modifyParameter(5); here you are doing *(arma.modifyParameter(5)... (by andrenvq57)
by pwd
What's Wrong With my Min/Max Code Please Have a Look

I'm trying to write a program where the user will keep entering data until pressing control + D. Then the it will display the mean, smallest number, and largest...
[5 replies] Last: I tried putting lines 19 & 20 at the end of the loop and even after ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Overloading the plus operator for linked lists(binary numbers) (1,2)

I have tried to understand the concept of linked lists and I have read the assigned chapter 2 times. My teacher is a little laid back when it comes to teaching!...
[26 replies] Last: I cut my computer off and it works! Thanks for your help! (by computerexpert)
Heap Corruption Detected: Manipulating strings with pointers

for my CS215 course, I was given a class called String215 which is a basic string class to help in the understanding of dynamic memory allocation and pointer ar...
[5 replies] Last: Wow that's it... spent so much time scratching my head over this and y... (by RAWBERRY)
ceasar Cipher with a txt C++

so i need to encrypt a txt document using ceasar encryption. however i don't know how to open a txt and shift the keys into a new txt. the program has to ask th...
[4 replies] Last: Please edit your previous post so that it uses codetags (Highlight all... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Function Call problem..

While running it gives the runtime error: "Extra parameter in call to factorial." Then whats to be done? Need the reply fast..thanks :) #include<iostream.h> #...
[15 replies] Last: Yeah thanks :) Thanks for the help! It worked :D (by Winkerd)
Append suffix to string with pointer arithmetic

for my CS215 course, I was given a class called String215 which is a basic string class to help in the understanding of dynamic memory allocation and pointer ar...
[14 replies] Last: It would delete the memory associated with "data", but it would not ch... (by toum)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 4748495051
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.