General C++ Programming - June 2022 (Page 3)

by see17
Suppress cout output from imported library

Hello, I am importing a library in my code which is verbose in its standard output. I don't want to modify the imported library but I still need to keep my sta...
[8 replies] Last: > Is there a way to suppress the stdout from the imported library only... (by JLBorges)
difference in VTK use between v8 and v9

Dear experts, I have used VTK as library using cmake build systems. As I used VTK.8, I found that VTK.9 differs in VTK.8 in finding library path (e.g. VT...
[no replies]
Cusom printf implementation has slight issue

Since output is worth a thousand words in this case I'll just start with how I've called the top level function (the va_list is just fobbed off internally to pa...
[1 reply] : Never mind, fixed it: PAW_API pawhhu* paw_putf_int_nxt( PAWBUF *UDV,... (by awsdert)
by frek
How to use modules in C++

Hi all, I'm going to use module s (instead of including headers) in C++ but don't know how it is prevalent and popular or how many of you use it. Do you sugg...
[15 replies] Last: M'ok, this is a major long shot, but something to check. Check your V... (by George P)
Comparing strings

You can't use C string functions on C++ strings. With C++ strings you compare two strings using the equality operator== . #include <iostream> #include <stri...
[13 replies] Last: I could say I am surprised or disappointed. Well, I could, but I shan... (by George P)
by hikhok
Palindrome

Hello everyone!! For some reason whenever I enter the word "Rotor" on the first time it detects it as a palindrome just fine. But when I try the word for the t...
[7 replies] Last: if you want to do phrases, here are some test cases https://www.youtub... (by jonnin)
Resume built with C++

I'm trying to compile and output my code into an external text file. Using the servers provided by my school, it doesn't compile and there's an error with the F...
[5 replies] Last: @chickentheplay - why are you mixing c++ std::string and c-style strin... (by seeplus)
Best compiler for c++

which is best compiler for c++ i have listen from people it is visual studio i saw a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10cBz9U6pBo how to run c++...
[7 replies] Last: thanks you seeplus yes i had not installed c++ thank once again (by orthoimplants)
3rd parameter of function, as functor

about this code: class ComplexComparer { public: bool operator()(const Complex& a, const Complex& b); }; bool ComplexComparer::operator()(const Complex& a, c...
[2 replies] Last: [also asked and answered here https://forums.codeguru.com/showthread.p... (by seeplus)
by SM1234
C++ SSE and SSE2 compiler settings, and their Floating Point effects.

I have been running C++ floating point tests using the Twilight Dragon Media C++ compiler for 64 bit Windows 10. https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ C++ start...
[11 replies] Last: The default switches are conservative and cause the compiler to genera... (by helios)
Copy and Move Constructor causes failure

Hi everybody, i've trained to write a std::string clone [whole code at the bottom] Then, i wanted to use this class as a vector member. Ive written some code...
[7 replies] Last: copy constructor can also be coded in terms of constructor(const char... (by kbw)
bit graphics in DevC++

I have many large programs written in DevC++ using Borland graphics. With Windows 10 they do not always run, and I cannot recompile as the BGI is no longer fun...
[4 replies] Last: You could investigate Windows GDI. If you ignore most of its functiona... (by mbozzi)
General Advice For Newbie!

Just started learning C++, I have experience in Python and Java. I created this small calculator program to help learn the basics and get an understanding of wh...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> /* Input 2 decimal numbers, specify arithmetic ... (by againtry)
how to C++ output overlay

So I am currently creating a c++ monopoly and wanted to give the center of the screen some purpose. Is there a way to print text when there is already text ther...
[8 replies] Last: You don't have to dump a logo thru the center of the board. This game... (by jonnin)
Memory reallocation problem

Hello guys, ive just wrote some lines to reallocate a string for expansion, but i got nothin but an overflow. My codes below char *val = "This is my stri...
[7 replies] Last: I think I'll stick with C/C++ functions that cppreference has document... (by George P)
June 2022 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [may2022] [jul2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.