General C++ Programming - July 2022 (Page 3)

by frek
The type of sting literals (1,2)

What is the type of string literals, say, "Hello", in C++, please? Is it a const char* as Stroustrup says in the book Tour of C++ or is it an array of cons...
[22 replies] Last: and also: auto str {"hello"sv}; where str becomes a std::string_... (by seeplus)
by zsess
How do I get this to only output the userinput that it finds.

#include <iostream> #include <string> // Note: This library is needed to use the string type using namespace std; int main() { string userInput; cout ...
[4 replies] Last: Using arrays, then possibly something like this - where it is easier t... (by seeplus)
by ruzip
Looking for a LoadLibrary C example that works with GCC

So far I found this: http://www.sharetechnote.com/html/C_LoadLibrary.html Removed stdafx.h Added #include "tchar.h" it compiles fine, but throws a note and...
[3 replies] Last: LoadLibraryA means you're compiling as ASCII and not unicode. Hence st... (by seeplus)
by ruzip
Linking FreeGlut Static Library to DLL

Basically I would like to link FreeGlut static library and include it in my project DLL. I'm getting some undefined references as the linker seems to look for ...
[4 replies] Last: Ok thanks kigar64551 , will try the trace option. (by ruzip)
by ruzip
Using Static C++ Library in C

I'm having problems linking a static C++ library in C. I have already done it with shared library and dynamic linking using a wrapper library.. libCPP.a ⟵...
[10 replies] Last: Keep in mind that programs like gcc and g++ are so-called "drivers... (by kigar64551)
Copying from txt file to parallel arrays using pointer

I am trying to use parallel arrays to store cards information . Firstly use a function that reads all cards information from a text file and insert them to para...
[8 replies] Last: Maybe something like this: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #... (by seeplus)
How to split a string according to "|"

hello everyone, I have a problem with split in c++11,this is my code in main: string str = "AAAAA|BBBBB|CCCCC"; vector<string> vec = s_split(str,"|"); f...
[5 replies] Last: Using C++20 ranges: #include <vector> #include <ranges> #include <i... (by seeplus)
Prj Hlp

Hello This is the code that I've addressed last time and I made a new one and made a new code and currently working on it. This is my concern When you input 6 i...
[4 replies] Last: Part 3: int main() { movieList movie; movie.OpenMovieFile(); mo... (by seeplus)
by BigBen
Saving a vector of objects

I have a vector of objects of a class. It is a class with a large number of different types of member variables and functions. I want to save this vector of ...
[3 replies] Last: As others have said, your problem is mostly about how to write (read) ... (by keskiverto)
how does the program get to the next line or next char? ?

Hi, how does getline reads the 2nd line if getline function is called again since it doesn't have a '\n' to skip to the next line. 2nd question does the prog...
[2 replies] Last: > how does getline reads the 2nd line if getline function is called a... (by JLBorges)
Project Help

Hello I've been working in the code and I need to modify the code below My concern are the following: - Check Video Availability = when you input 6 in th...
[6 replies] Last: okay tnx for that. I'll try to work on it. (by closed account 3RGNvqkS)
by frek
Determine whether a triangle can be built from a given set of edges

Here's the task: https://app.codility.com/programmers/lessons/6-sorting/triangle/ And here's a simple O(n log n) solution for it (what the site expects): int ...
[9 replies] Last: @Duthomhas You mean applying a non-comparison sort algorithm for both ... (by frek)
need assistance! Write a program that reads students’ names followed by their test scores.

Been having a lot of bugs with this code and can't really figure out why. Any help would be appreciated. Instructions Write a program that reads students...
[4 replies] Last: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1452721/why-is-using-namespace-std... (by George P)
by ruzip
Encode integer value to 4 bytes in a file

I'm trying to encode data into a file in binary mode. It should be 4 bytes with an integer value. Say the value is 5, when opened in a hex editor the file sh...
[7 replies] Last: It's not usually necessary to test your machine's byte order, because ... (by mbozzi)
My program keeps getting zero as an answer

I am writing a program as homework that gets input from the user for the calories in a food and the grams of fat, then calculates the percentage of calories fro...
[1 reply] : [quote=lexicution17]I keep getting 0 as an answer for the percentage ... (by George P)
Need assistance with this code please!!

Instructions: The history teacher at your school needs help in grading a True/False test. The students’ IDs and test answers are stored in a file. The first e...
[7 replies] Last: we're not allowed to use strings like you use, we have to use chars ... (by seeplus)
by ruzip
Change Insertion Operator Symbol by Macro?

Hi, I would like something like: cout "Hello " + mystr + ".\n"; instead of the standard << symbol.. cout << "Hello " << mystr << ".\n"; Is this possi...
[14 replies] Last: The term POD is no longer used by the standard, and its type traits (... (by Duthomhas)
by t im
About the cmp in priority_queue

I want to define the cmp in priority_queue by myself, the code is as follows: auto cmp = (const ListNode* a, const ListNode* b) { return a->val > b->v...
[1 reply] : > Why should I use decltype(cmp) The type of cmp - the closure typ... (by JLBorges)
July 2022 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [jun2022] [aug2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.