General C++ Programming - January 2016 (Page 6)

so what is the use of Hex, octal or binary over decimal if you can always use decimal as a representation?

Just wondering, as I delve into ASM this question becomes ever more important. Obviously the computer works with binary, so in some sense using any of these oth...
[2 replies] Last: Hex makes sense when you are more interested in the bit and byte value... (by Peter87)
by Kubani
My problem with a pointer in a template class

Hello all, The code below is part of greater program. Please have a look at it. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class god { public: god(string n, s...
[12 replies] Last: Yes guys. Thanks to all of you. @TheIdeasMan: You are right. I turned... (by Kubani)
by Kun
Array in Classes

Hello everyone I have some problems understanding how to declare array in a class: under private member and public member: #include <iostream> #include <str...
[9 replies] Last: dhayden MikeBoy Thank you very much for your help and time guys. (by Kun)
passing std::array to a function

I need help with coding an example of an std::array being passed into a function. I then will then access the function to demonstrate the array doesn't decay to...
[8 replies] Last: thx, got it (by technologist)
Applying multithreading

solved
[5 replies] Last: Are you sure your professor said multi threading and not multi player... (by Peter87)
Help with an assignment

cout << "Now give me a base 2 integer between 0 and 11111: "; int x; cin >> x; int l = 0; // Will take the binary and turn it into a decimal. // I use...
[5 replies] Last: I actually figured it out. I needed a - instead of + with the x statem... (by lilmurf)
Run time Polymorphism

In below code,Because of virtual function in Base class Virtual Table will created by compiler and also Virtual pointer created in constructor while object crea...
[8 replies] Last: but as you said: Base* ptr = new Derived(); If above line creates the... (by cire)
by nz881
C++ random maze generator program keeps crashing most of the time

Hi there, I am trying to make a program where a random maze is generated however, the program crashes most of the time. I tried to solve this without using stru...
[6 replies] Last: and I guess you are right, for some reason it didnt check the row < ... (by cire)
Get All Hyperlinks (1,2)

Hello, Is it possible to get the Hyperlinks from a specific webpage?
[23 replies] Last: The version of the C++ compiler that is shipped with Visual Studio 201... (by JLBorges)
string parsing question

if i have a string like follows : "33,33,33,1024,561,21,21" I want to do two things: 1- extract the values between the last "33" and first "21" . 2- convert ...
[12 replies] Last: The stream is not the point. It's just used to print the parsed value... (by kbw)
The good strategy or methiod to learn and catch C++ in few time.

Hi all, Please kindly tell me how can someone new in C++ can easily understant C++; Good day!
[1 reply] : Read a textbook, read tutorials, practice, practice, practice. (by MikeyBoy)
need help in OOP

totally new in OOP,any professional tutor here can guide me or teach me?
[9 replies] Last: you are still procedural programming and not using OOP if you just us... (by cire)
How difficult would this project be

How difficult would it be to make a program that calculates how much of an asteroid/meteor would burn up in the atmosphere or if it would make it to earth given...
[4 replies] Last: well they have super computers do the weather so.. http://weather.abo... (by Rusko)
DevC++ ios::app not working

Hi, I'm kind of new to C++ programing but I'm facing a major problem. I'm trying to append a file using ios::app in DevC++, but it just turncates the whole fil...
[4 replies] Last: @Chervil I had exactly tried that a day back! But it turncated the who... (by Jackhenry)
Alphabet to Decimal, assignment help.

I am creating an encryption program, nothing fancy, I have written some working methods that cipher the text as needed and can be reversed as needed by inputtin...
[3 replies] Last: Either would do, the beginners is certainly ok. Posting the same que... (by Chervil)
data file handling program

How to write a program to count and display the number of lines ending with 'n' or 'N' in a text file?
[13 replies] Last: worked like charm. (by mu5eofficial)
by g3n0m3
trying to convert any fundamental type to binary

it works for any input type except long long and unsigned long long #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> template<typename T> void displayBits(T va...
[2 replies] Last: how blind could I be ? thanks (by g3n0m3)
[Joke]Where have birds never built nests?

The Global scope. Un-nestable since forever.
[2 replies] Last: // global namespace namespace birds { // birds is ne... (by cire)
find the fit parameters which minimize chi-square functions

dear programmers, I have a small computationnal problem. I move to C++ as Mathematica (which I was using so far) is no longer adpated for this. I would like...
[5 replies] Last: obviously not. But if you initialize these variables, how can you make... (by jeanphilippe)
by Kubani
Pointers to a template class

I want to make a list and print it using the class below. #include <iostream> using namespace std; template <class T> class Link { public: Link(const T& v,...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your precise answer. (by Kubani)
January 2016 Pages: 1... 45678... 18
  Archived months: [dec2015] [feb2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.